Mongrels - Series 2 Page 2

There are some fabulous jokes, but as a whole, it doesn't grab me. I enjoy it, but I feel I should like it a whole lot more than I do. It's only ever amusing, rather than hilarious.

I enjoyed the first series, but is it just me or has this one been a bit crap?

Nope just you.

Dear BBC

Why oh why oh why in the wake of so-called "mong-gate" is this so-called "sitcom" allowed to tarnish our screens with its ill-advised and offensive so-called skits against disabled people (or possibly animals, which in itself is offensive when you think about it, as I have done. A lot).

I demand my license fee etc etc

PS I haven't watched it, but the first so-called series was alright.

Quote: Timbo @ November 22 2011, 10:24 PM GMT

I enjoyed the first series, but is it just me or has this one been a bit crap?

Seems to have been more of the same to me, but I have a feeling I may have seen figures suggesting lower audienes. Certainly I know you're not the only person to think this series is a drop in quality.

It's not as funny as it thinks it is, but it has the odd good line. The c*nt song from the other week was very good.

I'm of the belief that Mongrels is one of the most creative, and funniest, things to be produced in the last few years. It's interesting to hear that you've perceived a decline in quality, Timbo; I personally wouldn't describe it as such, but I've noticed that this series feels slightly 'different'... there are certainly more fourth-wall-breaking-asides from Marion.

It is different but I really don't feel there has been any drop in quality. If I had any niggle it would be that some of the songs haven't been as good as series one but that's about it.

I have to admit to not watching the first series, mainly because all the 'a puppet show for adults' promotion made me expect a bad 'edgy' show with a poor script. Happened to see the series 2 premier by chance and...wow, talk about judging wrong. I've been enjoying it primarily for the jokes you usually won't find in other shows, like the one this week about 'Treasures of the Earth' magazine and a rather delicious one aimed at my place of work last week (toxic sewage probably does get sent to customers by Tesco Direct). The fake making of was a nice wrap up. It's been done before by other shows but there was clearly alot of effort in it. Talking Vince toy for Christmas 2012?

So, Mongrels has been axed. As Vince would put it, "The BBC are c***s!"

https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/00000722/bbc_axes_puppet_sitcom_mongrels/

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! What is wrong with Zai what's-his-face? He won't give Mongrels a third series yet he'll commission comedy shows about teenage cancer patients? There goes the only good show on BBC Three.

Had my reservations about the second series but it is still the only programme on BBC3 I would consider watching. I might as well delete it from my channel choices now.