What are you writing? Page 12

Quote: Marie Bailey Brown @ September 6 2011, 12:19 PM BST

There is no place for filth in modern writing!

Oops sorry Marc our story is set on our small village allotment plots So was referring to that kind of filth & dirt with a little play on words of course :)

Ok then. Sods are fine as long as you are just turning them over and giving them a good hoeing!

Just finally sent off my first script to the BBC Writers Room earlier today. Has anyone on here ever got anywhere with this? It'd be nice if they read the entire script at least, but I won't hold my breath.

You're right not to hold your breath as they receive about a billion scripts per day. The idea, as I believe it, is to write the best damn first ten pages of a script you can. Also bare in mine that this is more of a demonstration of your writing skills, it's very unlikely they will be looking for a commissionable script.

Doing a sitcom re-draft for submission to E4: hence taking out all my usual jokey references to the Crimean War and putting my natural loathing for anyone under 25 on hold...

As we're back on thread....

Just handed in 2nd Draft of the SAS screenplay - now have to deal with convuluted notes on a different project so that I can look like I know what I'm talking about for a meeting next week.

Hello! I'm new to the forums but I've started writing this sitcom about people trying to find jobs during our economic problems (funnier than it sounds, I swear). It's called careers room and it's about four people - two boys and two girls. It's a sort of sitcom with awkward and zany humour - Kind of like scrubs/the inbetweeners. I posted it on the critique section if you want to check out the first two scenes https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/post/827583/
Thanks!

Also I had another idea but I haven't had time to write it. It's about a boys school that becomes a mixed school in sixth form and is told from the point of view of the boys, the new girls and the teachers as well. Please share your knowledge with me and feel free to critisise (constructively?). :D

I have almost 3,000 words of a story if anyone would like to have a look for me?

:)

Hiiiii Leeee.

I PMd it!

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ January 7 2013, 8:53 PM GMT

I have almost 3,000 words of a story if anyone would like to have a look for me?

Yeh go on

or dare you face the bear pit of critique?

I am writing a blog about car loans and how Knite Ryder proved cars can be your friend.

I have bored myself to a standstill.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ January 7 2013, 8:59 PM GMT

Hiiiii Leeee.

Hiya Scattoo!! Wave

Quote: sootyj @ January 7 2013, 8:59 PM GMT

It was only named the bear pit after you Boo-boo'ed everything.

Quote: sootyj @ January 7 2013, 8:59 PM GMT

Yeh go on

I am writing a blog about car loans and how Knite Ryder proved cars can be your friend.

I have bored myself to a standstill.

It's not done yet so I dare not face critique! PMd!

I'm writing a sitcom based on a Police Community Support Officer. I first had the idea over a year ago have planned down all the details scene by scene guide. character descriptions, the whole shibang and am not 10 pages into my first draft of the pilot episode. The main character of the show is Bobby Hatcher (starts the show off as fat trolley collector working for Swansons SuperMarket and ends the show as a fat P.C.S.O) The show is called:
"COMMUNITY BOBBY!"

I have also completed another script which I am immensely proud of (cant believe I forgot about it am so ashamed right now!) it is called: SILENCE IS DEADLY and it is about a Stand Up Comedian who is funny on stage but off stage he is not funny in the slightest and is forever putting his foot in it and finding himself in surprisingly awkward situations. All the situations that occur in the show have happened to either myself or someone I know so it is based on my knowledge (which I've heard is the best thing to write about - something that you know allot about) and also I am a Stand Up Comedian and the stand up routine used in the episode is actually the routine I used in my debut act :)

So far I have not built up the confidence to send it off. But if anyone on here would like to give it a read and express their opinions I will very happily PM you :)

Quote: paul brown @ January 9 2013, 7:24 AM GMT

I have also completed another script which I am immensely proud of (cant believe I forgot about it am so ashamed right now!) it is called: SILENCE IS DEADLY and it is about a Stand Up Comedian who is funny on stage but off stage he is not funny in the slightest and is forever putting his foot in it and finding himself in surprisingly awkward situations. All the situations that occur in the show have happened to either myself or someone I know so it is based on my knowledge (which I've heard is the best thing to write about - something that you know allot about) and also I am a Stand Up Comedian and the stand up routine used in the episode is actually the routine I used in my debut act :)

So far I have not built up the confidence to send it off. But if anyone on here would like to give it a read and express their opinions I will very happily PM you :)

The general form vis a vis getting stuff read is to post a few (5 max) pages in Critique.
If you get any takers, that's the point to ask for a full read.
it's a lot to ask and people need to know they're not about to get a load of tripe.
Good luck.

Edit: just spotted you have something in Critique now.
Sorry.