Ricky Gervais poses

Ricky Gervais poses

As a teddy bear

Ricky Gervais caught posing as ruthless money collector teddy bear character

http://www.rentted.com/

Reports are in that Ricky Gervais has been spotted in Trafalgar Square posing as a Teddy Bear asking people if they have paid their rent yet.

Pigeons in the region we're said to be outraged.

A Spokesman for WACICO said "We tried to stop him but he could not bear to see the rents get uncollected"

A Court has ordered doctors reports.

Preliminary findings we're that Ricky Gervais was suffering from some sort of

voice
take
over

and he could not stop shouting "HAVE YOU PAID THE RENT?", though they we're not yet sure why.

They stated "The condition is like a form of Tourette's syndrome, we just hope it is not too Catchy"

Adding "Let's hope there is not a repeat performance in Leicester Square. Ricky keeps muttering things about premier performances to come in Leicester Square, but we can't quite fathom what he is going on about yet. Though "Obviously" Ricky knows what he is saying"

eh?

Don't worry if that didn't raise a smile for you lofthouse when you have seen the film after the premier it will be better than day of the dead!

Plus in the trailer you will see something that when you look back on this will def raise a smile

(You won't remember this until over 5 years from now btw)

I don't understand what this is either.
Just tell me, should this be in critique?

Oh !

Thank God it's not just me

I thought I'd forgot to take my pills again

Quote: zooo @ October 1 2011, 6:00 PM BST

I don't understand what this is either.
Just tell me, should this be in critique?

Did you see the Ricky Gervais Cartoon Teddy Bear?

> http://www.rentted.com/

Make sense to you now?

If not don't worry, it making sense to Ricky Gervais with the double meanings written in is "Obviously" part of it.

Other than that it is a spoof comedic report like the ones on Google I have done on my own forum.

Still there will be ref to this thread on another forum later so when you search a certain thing (ON Google) RE Ricky Gervais the pieces of things fall together to create an even bigger amalgamation of gags.

I will show you how the planned thread (elsewhere) and this one tie together to create a bunch of gags that work in unison online and with the things that get written on my own forum help to form the base material for a project to come (A 120,000 word plus project).

I will post the link to the other thread (elsewhere) after I post it and it does what is intended on Google.

You guys could learn a lot when I show you to as it will show you a comedic concept you can use that probably never occurred to you as possible. Call it an insight into comedic Google manipulation. A comedic play with the search engines if you like. I will show you when it is in place.

Let us know when you get funny.

*moves the thread to Critique*

Quote: MrFlicks @ October 2 2011, 11:14 AM BST

Make sense to you now?

Even less so.

Is this just some elaborate SEO spam?

The forum on your website reads like an idiot spam bot talking to itself whilst randomly throwing in keyword rich facts. Check out these geniuses: http://tvworlds.com/forum/threads/492-American-Idol

Quote: ShoePie @ October 2 2011, 11:48 AM BST

Even less so.

Is this just some elaborate SEO spam?

The forum on your website reads like an idiot spam bot talking to itself whilst randomly throwing in keyword rich facts. Check out these geniuses: http://tvworlds.com/forum/threads/492-American-Idol

Eh dya reckon that thread might be a spam bot then? Hmm gonna have to look into that and check their IP's etc and see if I can suss that out.

I was wondering about the amount of posters with DVD things in their sigs and presumed it was just because they associated DVD's with TV etc and so posted.

Must admit those with DVD links in their sigs have been annoying. My Mrs keeps mentioning that she thinks something funny is going on but I never really looked into it as have been busy.

Time to dig a little deeper and maybe do some banning or something me thinks as we work really hard squashing spam on there as it is one of the biggest problems when trying to run a forum.

I hate seeing all those fly by's posting on forums with one liners of crap just to get their damn sig links in.

Myself if I can't find a reason to post on a forum I don't post as if it is just about getting sig links in then the person isn't going to contribute to any conversation only to confuse things with their one liners.

Something I apply to myself on others forums to. If I went to a forum and the only reason to post there is for sig links- well that's just not on in my books.

One thing I may point out though is that it is a pity that type of thing is associating SEO with Spam forum posting.

Proper SEO has nothing to do with thta type of behaviour.

I think we can blame Google for that though as it is their Pagerank System that made such importance of backlinks that has caused a lot of the linking spam you see on the net.

This includes forums, blogs, any interactive site and all those link farms and directories full of list after list of links.

@ShoePie thanks for pointing that view out as suspecting something was wrong and my Mrs agreeing and mentioning it now has someone else adding to our suspicions, so saying, I better take a good look at those members this afternoon to see if it is indeed some sort of bot or something.

Strange if it is though as I thought the sign up was pretty much anti bot tbh. EEK if it is not.

PS you can't see those "Genius's" nor their DVD sig links now. Thread squashed and investigating those members further!

PPS Feedback this end is rather different to here on the forum. My Nephew had a 14th Birthday party yesterday and the 50 plus attendees aged 14 to 18 thought the Ricky Gervais cartoon Teddy Bear was really good and funny.

Those that read the thread afterwards thought it was hilarious, though the silly Pigeon thing went down the best (The Age groups I guess) especially the Girls rather interestingly.

Most we're more amused by the bemused responses as they got it and found it highly amusing nobody replying did.

Some of the comments banded about we're somewhat 18+ for 14 to 18 year old's tbh.

The "Obviously" catch phrase inclusion went over their heads as it did here.

All in all an interesting observation to the experiment outside of TVWorlds we're spoof threads are now being made regularly.

As the 14 to 18 year old age group is one of the main target age age groups (among a few) for the Double T Ted's cartoon characters a very satisfactory exercise overall.

So far it seems seeing the cartoon first is preferable on such endeavours which is something handy picked up from this first spoof report outside of the DTT TVW forum.

deja vu

Someone should probably stop this thread before it completely turns into "bait the heavily schizophrenic internet guy who has made an inscrutable and apparently far reaching joke around the concept of a Ricky Gervais cartoon bear"

Quote: accbackman @ October 3 2011, 2:22 PM BST

Someone should probably stop this thread before it completely turns into "bait the heavily schizophrenic internet guy who has made an inscrutable and apparently far reaching joke around the concept of a Ricky Gervais cartoon bear"

I thought Brits had a sense of humour?
:P