RIP David Croft

Just learned that David Croft has died. Sad to see that he is gone. I do think that Dad's Army is the greatest British sitcom ever and it would not have been the same without him working alongside Jimmy Perry.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/00000634/comedy_writer_producer_david_croft_dies/

:(

Sad news indeed. Comedy superstar!

Yes, very sad news. Let's hope Monsieur Alphonse is not involved in the undertaking.

Although if anyone should be buried with a large German sausage and a painting of a topless woman it should be David Croft.

A very sad day for British comedy.

RIP David, and thanks for all the laughter.

RIP to a genuine legend.

89 is a good run and he was still sharp judging by the many appearances he's been making in the last few years.
Add together the many generations of Dad's Army fans and the international success of Are You Being Served? and you'd be hard pressed to find many people on the planet who have generated as much laughter.

RIP Mr Croft

RIP

Commiserations, David Croft.

Just popped out of retirement/on supervised day release from prison/snuck-in to use the forbidden computer in the nurses' office on the secure unit... to add my tribute to this great writer of comedy and, by all accounts, a lovely man too.

Condolences to his family and friends. I had a few conversations with his daughter (Penny) some years ago and she had some lovely stories to tell about her Dad, whom she clearly adored. David Croft obviously had a lot of time for those he worked with and mentored many a producer and director along the way - many of whom went on to produce their own successful shows.

Another legend of the genre has passed. Glad he lasted so long and went so peacefully.

R.I.P.

May he rest in peace.

RIP. Thank you for the many, many years of laughter.

We have been watching...

So very sad, but what a wonderful legacy he leaves us. Thanks for all the laughter David. Rest in peace.

Quote: Punthead @ September 27 2011, 6:02 PM BST

We have been watching...

Very good. And true. And for so long and still doing so!!

A genuine comedy icon RIP