Hello from a cartoonist

Hi everyone.
I call my self a cartoonist, but that's only about 10 to 20% of my actual income.
So am I still allowed to call my self a cartoonist?

Bah! I don't care I'm doing it anyway.

My real name's Nigel Auchterlounie and I draw for the Dandy.

But my "thing" is my more grown up cartoons. (for grown up read swearing and references to sex)
I've already had a couple of graphic novels published (for graphic novel read big fat comic) The latest of which is titled Spleenal and is published by Blankslate books.

The problem being people don't seem to want comics to be funny any more! They want them full of edgy super serious antiheroes! I think I'm pretty good at drawing but it's the writing I love.

Favorite sitcom - IT Crowd
Favorite comedian - Marc Maron
Favorite comedy film - Life of Brian
Favorite sketch show - Big Train

Er... That's it for now I think. If I did the profile thing right a link to my blog should be at the bottom of this post. Humm I'm going to write it out anyway because I probably didn't do it right.

www.spleenal.blogspot.com

Hello, good 'Favourite' picks!

Hello! Wave

Hello, sounds like a fun job!

Hello!

Welcome Nigel Wave

Hi there! Wave

Hello!

*steps between chip and Spleenal*

Hi! Wave

Quote: Spleenal @ September 2 2011, 8:31 PM BST

My real name's Nigel Auchterlounie and I draw for the Dandy.

But my "thing" is my more grown up cartoons. (for grown up read swearing and references to sex)
I've already had a couple of graphic novels published (for graphic novel read big fat comic) The latest of which is titled Spleenal and is published by Blankslate books.

www.spleenal.blogspot.com

Looks good, Nigel. I like a funny comic, my favourite being The Tick, and look forward to checking out your site when I have a mo.

Going to check out the film Near Dark. Thanks for the inadvertent recommendation. :D

Like the cartoons on the site. I'd be sort-of interested in checking out a funny adult comic, but I wouldn't know where to begin. Hope you can get something published in that vein!

And welcome to the BCG. :)

Some of these are pretty funny, Aaron.

http://oglaf.com/archive/ (NSFW!)

Hello Wave

awesome artwork dude.. very funny indeed. like the 'this is what you ask for..' ones.. simple but very effective