Everyone with a TV read this (Bill Hicks) Page 6

Quote: Westcountryman @ August 30 2011, 12:44 AM BST

You spelled hypocritical wrong.

They'd probably have to ask Bill Hicks.

Hicks could no doubt sum up the whole issue in a three line gag.

You're a Christian, right?

So, Forgive me.

Okay. Apology accepted.

Quote: Westcountryman @ August 30 2011, 1:43 AM BST

Okay. Apology accepted.

Why I am a handsome chap, aren't I.

Jokes are supposed to be funny. :P

Quote: Jack Daniels @ August 29 2011, 10:47 PM BST

Anyone with even primary-school levels of awareness of monastic vows wouldn't think that.

You're probably a lot smarter than me Marc, but in the rush to counter argue I think you got that idea very wrong.

Are monasteries those secret buildings one never sees then, with even more secret belief systems that even children of primary school age know the tenets of?

I genuinely am not sure what point you are trying to make.

Quote: Westcountryman @ August 29 2011, 12:56 AM BST

It didn't seem to show much insight to me; lets say it isn't the sort of thing that would get a Christian really thinking about his faith.

It's a funny observation, comparing one to the other; I never imagined it would really get a Christian questioning their faith and never said it would.

Anyone who doesn't like Bill Hicks-kill yourself.

Quote: sootyj @ August 28 2011, 3:41 PM BST

(nb no one seriously thought Dubya Snr was a proper born again or even his son, more sharp witted advantage takers).

Now that's an understatement!

Sharp witted you say? Don't they have an expression for that in Texas?

Do they you tell me MarkP?

Quote: catskillz @ August 30 2011, 4:00 PM BST

Now that's an understatement!

Anyone who thinks Dubya was a doofus needs to look at the masterful way he dry cleaned his unbelievably sordid early years.

Quote: Jack Daniels @ August 29 2011, 9:57 PM BST

There's over a hundred sects of Christianity within itself the believers can't even agree amongst themselves on what dogma to follow/symbology to display.

There's way more than that. For starters I've heard that there are over 600 different forms of Prodestantism.

Quote: sootyj @ August 30 2011, 5:24 PM BST

Do they you tell me MarkP?

Yes, tell me once shame on me tell me MarkP shame on you not least for the lack of a c.

Quote: catskillz @ August 30 2011, 7:24 PM BST

There's way more than that. For starters I've heard that there are over 600 different forms of Protestantism.

Yeah, f**king protesters can't even agree what they are protesting about! What's that about?

What the f**k?!! Oh I know what happened, that's the same 't' typed out twice. I deleted part of the word 'Prodestantism', then changed my mind and decided to leave it in, not realising the first 't' was still there instead of a 'd'. Honest Sir!

Damn, was on holiday and have missed this.

Would Hicks fans recommend this?

I do like Bill Hicks, but for me he was more the type of comedian where you smile and think "heh, that's true!" rather than laugh out loud at his stuff.

His Jay Leno bit always used to make me laugh though: http://youtu.be/cfkvpcjNk7c