British Sitcoms in the last 5 years?

Has there been any British sitcoms that have aired it's first episode in the last 5 years, that is, or could be considered a 'classic', or exceptionally good?

I am struggling to think of any from the top of my head and always find myself revisiting old classics.

Rev and Outnumbered.
And Miranda.
And Psychoville.

Not Going Out

The Inbetweeners :)

The IT Crowd!

Off the top of my head, I can't really add to the above. I suppose many would cite Gavin & Stacey as a modern classic though - it certainly seemed to capture the public in a way that few other shows have of late.

This page may be of some help, although at the moment there's no sensible way to filter down to TV sitcoms: https://www.comedy.co.uk/guide/year/

The Trip and Getting On. And Thick Of It... I guess only time will ultimately decide what become classics and what will be forgotten.

I can't think of anything you'd call a classic yet really, but The Trip, Saxondale and Pulling would get into the very good bracket, as would Rev, probably the most promising yet, but still unproven in classic terms. Almost very good was HNTLY Life, and White Van Man has started very brightly, for what it is. Most of the others mentioned are simply over rated. :) Oh, IMO!

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ August 8 2011, 11:51 PM BST

White Van Man

Lol :D Seriously Alfred, you crack me up Laughing out loud

No, it won't be a classic I know, but it's started very well, isn't fancy or pretentious and it entertains...well me. Thought I'd give it an honorable mention.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ August 9 2011, 12:18 AM BST

No, it won't be a classic I know, but it's started very well, isn't fancy or pretentious and it entertains...well me. Thought I'd give it an honorable mention.

Hey, and good on ya mate :)

Miranda.

That is all.

Yeah, I agree that The IT Crowd and Inbetweeners are gems. I also agree with whoever nominated The Trip (interesting, as I think Coogan's great, but didn't like Brydon.....until this show).

Phill's quite good for some things, but it's certainly not comprehensive!

Gavin and Stacey and The Inbetweeners are probably the two that will be remembered most from the late 2000s. Benidorm, Miranda, Extras, The Thick Of It, IT Crowd, Outnumbered and Not Going Out will probably be fondly remembered too.