Moving Wallpaper - Series 2 Page 5

There were a few moments where you saw prominent items from the soap mucked around with in Moving Wallpaper, but never quite enough of an interaction between the two to make the soap part watchable. All said and done perhaps Echo Beach was perhaps a little too competent - some intentional unintentional humour would have helped, if that makes any sense.

Does anyone know if this second series might ever see DVD release?

Quote: Synaesthesia @ July 18 2011, 2:38 PM BST

Does anyone know if this second series might ever see DVD release?

I don't know if it helps, but I am pretty sure it was released on DVD for the Australian market.

Thanks Svend! I suppose if I check eBay enough times an Aussie copy might come along! I'm not sure if they have same region DVDs as UK, but getting an all region player is possible!

I missed some of Series 2 having been in hospital during eps 3 to 5, so I'd love to catch up with it!

If any kind soul could do a DVD copy- I'd pay all expenses etc!

Australia's Region 4. Most Region 2 DVD players can be unlocked to play discs from any region.

If your computer has a DVD drive, you can use VLC player to play any region's DVDs.

Incorrect, I'm afraid. Some (most?) DVD drives will refuse to read a disc from another region, and they're trickier (and riskier) to unlock than standalone players. The software you play with is the most trivial part of the jigsaw.

When I've bought Region 4 if they are in PAL format they will play on any of our 4 Region 2 players.

Ah, that's interesting. Don't suppose by any chance they would all be from the same distributor?

This isn't really the correct thread to discuss such things, but I've yet to see a BBC Video/BBC DVD/2entertain release that isn't both Region 2 and 4.

Not to take this too far off topic, but I've not had any issues using VLC player on multiple computers playing region 2 & 4 discs here in the USA (region 1/NTSC)... your mileage may vary I suppose.

No it was 2 separate ones.

Next of Kin - so obv BBC

The Lady Vanishes, but I think that was released through some ITV company, though it is region 4.

There is another that I've forgot, so 3

Thanks for trying to help folks! I must admit I'm pretty poor on mechanics/electronics and I doubt if I could 'unlock' my DVD player! I do know how to obtain a region free player when I need it though!

Problem would be solved if Series 2 of Moving Wallpaper did get a UK release! None have popped up on eBay yet on 'overseas' sellers - but I'll keep trying!

Unlocking normally involves nothing more than entering a code on your remote control. :)

Yes, as Aaron mentioned, it's usually just a key sequence on your remote.

Try looking up your DVD player here: http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks

They usually list the procedure for specific players, if it is available.