CBBC Get a Squiggle On 2011 Page 2

Quote: 404 Not Found @ July 9 2011, 3:42 PM BST

My entry is about an academic who survived the Stalinist purges and keeps having flashbacks to this time. his daughter who's long bitter marriage is collapsing arround her and a journalist who is investigating the academic because he suspects he was never in Russia at the time whom falls in love with the daughter and sacrifices his career to become a lens grinder in Omsk.

Or I might write about an elephant who loses his balloon instead.

I should perhaps point out that this was lifted directly from an episode of Black Books, the one where Bernard and Manny try to write a childrens book. Does anyone remember it?

Our eldest daughter's middle name is Louise which (somehow) led to the nickname Wheezypops which I always felt sounded like a kids' show. Hollie is often called Lamb or Lambyloo which could also be a character.

Our boy Charlie has had a number of nicknames, none of which he likes we've subsequently discovered. Charlie Farley, Charlie Farley Pudding and Parsley, Chot Bot, Chit Chot, Chot and Chit Chot Diddly.

One of us will be taken into a care and it's not certain it will be a child!

:D I have an idea, submitted before about 'trio' the 3 legged dog. suppose I will give it a go!

I had an idea, but it was crap and now it's too late! :D

I didn't have the time to write it anyway, busy with work and other writing.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ July 8 2011, 11:27 AM BST

Laughing out loud love the way people know about these opps but don't post them! :P

I knew about it but wasn't sure it was relevant to here - my entry hasn't got ANY knob gags in it.

:O No way I can doit in time! what a bloody pain.
Have to wait and seek another opportunity! Angry grrr

Quote: dellas @ July 13 2011, 10:04 PM BST

:O No way I can doit in time! what a bloody pain.
Have to wait and seek another opportunity! Angry grrr

There's still time.
If you live in London, get on a tube and hand it in personally.

I remember an entrant in the Laughing Stock contest who took a train from Birmingham down to London to pop it in by hand.
Funnily enough, he ended up being one of the shortlisted lot.

~~~EDIT~~~
Unless you mean you haven't written it yet. >_<

Errr In all honesty, no, just started first page.
However did find 20 mins of script for little kids very tough.

I was relying on more 'visual' idea, with my cartoon characters, like,' OH that's a problem, what shall we do?'

They discuss problem in turn, then decide 'yes we all agree' on the most sensible answer, like, do not drink from that strange bottle.

Anyway, Manchester is way out, but thankyou, will not miss a chance again. :)

Ah right.
I'm sure there will be other CBBC opps.

Have CBBC moved to Manchester already? Oh. I thought they were still in London for a while.

The place to post scripts to was an address in that London.

:) Yes trabs, meaning my manchester was too far from london ot 'hand it in' personaly.

Really must work on it NOW, are you entering??

Quote: dellas @ July 15 2011, 7:32 PM BST

:) meaning my manchester was too far from london ot 'hand it in' personaly.

>_<

I entered. Sent my entry last Monday.

Yes, I entered it. Had a lot of fun writing it as well. Even if nothing comes of it, it was a good excercise to write for a different demographic.

Quote: Trabs @ July 16 2011, 7:05 PM BST

Yes, I entered it. Had a lot of fun writing it as well. Even if nothing comes of it, it was a good excercise to write for a different demographic.

Agreed. :)

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ July 14 2011, 12:03 PM BST

There's still time.
If you live in London, get on a tube and hand it in personally.

I remember an entrant in the Laughing Stock contest who took a train from Birmingham down to London to pop it in by hand.
Funnily enough, he ended up being one of the shortlisted lot.

Final eight or final 25? Cos I know of at least one other who did that and made the final eight, so it could be a good plan!