You really do need to be part of this... Page 2

Can someone clear something up for me?

Is phone hacking listening to peoples voice mail messages or actually listenings to their conversations?

Quote: bigfella @ July 6 2011, 10:51 AM BST

Can someone clear something up for me?

Is phone hacking listening to peoples voice mail messages or actually listenings to their conversations?

Can be either (they are both calls after all)-but I imagine the latter is easier.

There is currently a public consultation into Rupert Murdoch's attempt to get full control of B Sky B. You can send a message to this consultation via the following link. 69,000 have done so, so far.

http://www.avaaz.org/en/murdoch_messages_2/

The idea of Sky News turning into a US-style Fox News, sends a shiver down my spine. "Fair and Balanced" my arse!

All this is a godsend for the next series of Thick of It, which I'd imagine might weave it in somehow.

I'm not signing up to some inflammatory nonsense such as this. I don't buy tabloids and that's enough.

Quote: Ben @ July 6 2011, 11:13 PM BST

I'm not signing up to some inflammatory nonsense such as this. I don't buy tabloids and that's enough.

Enough to do what?

Quote: chipolata @ July 6 2011, 11:00 PM BST

All this is a godsend for the next series of Thick of It, which I'd imagine might weave it in somehow.

I was reminded of Harry Enfield's Tim Nice but Dim in which he was appointed an FSA regulator by his old school pals in the city as he would be so completely clueless to what is going on. I'm started to wonder if this inspired Rebekah Brooks' appointment as a newspaper editor.

Or am I being too generous and like most of the cockroaches who climb the Murdoch empire have no concept of leadership responsibility beyond sales figures.

I've not been on here since the story broke, so here is my input:

1- I've never bought the NOTW and have not had the Sun for years. It was and always will be a useless rag. Can you imagine how low this 'newspaper' would have stooped under Kelvin MacKenzies editorship in the 1980s? Remember his treatment of the Hillsborough victims? If we think that this kind of immoral 'journalisim' has only been going on in The Sun and NOTW for the past 9 years we are all mad.

2- The boycott. It will hit sales hard this week, but it will almost be back to normal within a month or 2. That's how stupid the public are. The masses are asses.

3- If advertisers feel they do not want to be linked with such a paper, then surely Tesco, etc should not stock it?

4- If Brookes had been the CEO of the BBC or ITV or some other non-print media she would be being hounded by the press by paparazzi, doorstepping journos, and having her every movement tracked by Sky helicopters.

Nice to see the media respecting HER privacy.

5- Rebekkah Wade/Brookes has f**king GORGEOUS hair.

Yes! I like her hair too.

She's lucky she's not ugly/average looking or she'd be getting a massive slating for that too.

It would be a glorious hate f**k, though.

(Please excuse the coarse language)

This Sunday's issue of the News of the World will be the last edition of the paper, News International chairman James Murdoch says.

:)

Coming soon: The Sunday Sun.

Exactly.

Exactly.

Amazing show of brinkmanship from Murdoch.

Murdoch must be due for death soon. How old is he? Eighties?

100s of folk made redundant to save Rebekah.

How can she live with herself, etc.

Still, the advertisers will appreciate the change of brand....a 'clean' brand. Unless, The Sun gets implicated further.

Quote: chipolata @ July 7 2011, 5:27 PM BST

Murdoch must be due for death soon. How old is he? Eighties?