Mock The Week - Series 10 Page 3

Ok.

;)

I thought she was really very good.

Me too!

But even then I knew I'd come on here and everyone would still be saying 'the woman wasn't very good, was she'.

My complaint is not based on her gender, though. I just thought she was the weak link in this episode.

Quote: TopBanana @ June 24 2011, 2:15 PM BST

My complaint is not based on her gender, though. I just thought she was the weak link in this episode.

Sorry, it turns out you're a sexist for saying that. I'm not though, because I thought she was quite funny (considering she was merely a woman).

:D

I liked her stand up segment alot, but didn't feel she really contributed to the rest of the show particularly - fair?

I remember laughing at three or four of the things she said while sitting on the panel. I wasn't really making exhaustive notes though!

She didn't do much for me. She even did the 'fat people are supposed to be jolly' joke: that's older than her.

I thought that she had the jokes but she only had them in their stand-up form, so she was often left taking a minute or two for one punchline which is something that looks out of place on a quickfire panel show, however I felt that this was why she stood out on the stand-up part.

Also, yeah I agree, a black woman, let's compare her to Gina Yashire and Andi Osho! By those standards any black woman with a half decent joke is a comedy God.

Something nobody seems to have commented on - Stewart Francis :D ! I just wish he had got more chance to do his one liners, or mabye just his own show where he answers all the pre-set quetions with no other panellists.

Quote: Jamey @ June 25 2011, 4:09 AM BST

I thought that she had the jokes but she only had them in their stand-up form, so she was often left taking a minute or two for one punchline which is something that looks out of place on a quickfire panel show, however I felt that this was why she stood out on the stand-up part.

That's true of a lot of people on Mock The Week, though. See Russell Howard's references to his nan and badgers even when they are as tenuously related to the conversation as possible, and Stewart and Milton's one-liners.

Maybe Ava's problem is her delivery?

Does anyone know if Chris Addison is on every week this series?

Quote: sheep2 @ June 25 2011, 2:37 PM BST

Does anyone know if Chris Addison is on every week this series?

He's stated that this week's episode (i.e. the one shown two days ago) was the last he'd be in for the summer part of this series.

Quote: Jamey @ June 25 2011, 4:09 AM BST

I thought that she had the jokes but she only had them in their stand-up form, so she was often left taking a minute or two for one punchline

Something nobody seems to have commented on - Stewart Francis :D ! I just wish he had got more chance to do his one liners, or mabye just his own show where he answers all the pre-set quetions with no other panellists.

Agree.

Ava is funny, but she needs to write some new material and adapt it for this format or she risks being left behind.

Definately not enough Stewart Francis. Did you see him doing a little whoop and dance back to his seat after they won the standup round. Very sweet, I Lovey him.