Writing Opportunity

Just got this in my inbox from the Writers Guild:

Dumb Funded Theatre Competition

dumbFUNDED theatre is launching a sketch writing competition, to be judged by James Henry, a writer for Green Wing, Smack The Pony, and ManStrokeWoman.

Winning sketches will be performed as part of the dumbFUNDED Comedy Showcase! in the Falmouth area in early March 2008. Winners will also have the chance to direct and workshop their scripts with actors, and receive a free DVD of the show.

The competition for original sketches is themed around 'Town and Country', though the organisers are keen to root sketches in Cornwall where possible. Scripts can be submitted by post or email.

To find out more and to submit your sketches visit www.dumbfunded.co.uk.

Cheers, M.B.

thanks for the heads up!

Interesting - I live in Falmouth and was unaware of this!

Thanks!

Thanks, I'll have a go at that. Tough theme though. Town and country? I've never lived in the country. They have cows don't they? And wellies..? Desperately trying to think of a cow and welly joke. Erhm...

Currently stumped for inspiration on this one but am determined to enter it!

A. x

Quote: Andy Kitching @ December 18, 2007, 11:17 PM

Currently stumped for inspiration on this one but am determined to enter it!

A. x

Ditto.
Don't know WTF to write...
Maybe I'll be inspired over Christmas. All that wine and sherry is bound to get the grey cells electrified...

Cheers for that.

Thanks, I'll have a pop.

Oh, what a pleasant surprise. Very many thanks to you and your family.

Fankoo Hun & Hapy New Year!

Just entered this one. Adapted one of my old sketches to fit in with a 'Town and Country' theme.

Yeah managed to get something sent off a few days ago for this. Not my best work ever I don't think, just a quick silly idea. Just didn't want to NOT enter it...y'know?

Andy

I haven't entered this. I don't know if it's worth posting this, but I have now, so there. My first post of 2008 is a pointless one!