The Sitcom Mission 2011 Page 124

Bring it on! The more the merrier!

Hi guys

Tickets for the shows are now available here:

http://www.newdiorama.com/whats-on-at-new-diorama.aspx?id=79

The June 6 line-up looks like this:

5pm and 7.30pm

Jessica Fostekew "Wonderful MC... Intensely Funny... Fireball of Fun" Time Out

Jay Foreman "Sharp and sophisticated... classy and funny" Five stars (Steve Bennett, Chortle) "Laugh out loud jokes aplenty" Five stars, Three Weeks

Cariad Lloyd "Cariad Lloyd is VERY funny. Go see her now while you can afford the ticket" (Rob Brydon)

Sitcoms:

Psyched by Richard Smith

Eye Captain by Matthew Comras

Austentatious (7.30 only) "What a smashing group of improvisers doing smashing things" Pippa Evans (Showstopper! The improvised musical, if.comedy nominee)

9.30pm
Edinburgh preview from sketch group Jigsaw: Dan Antopolski (Triple Perrier Nominee, Dave Award Winner 2009, "Hilarious, imaginative and wonderfully cheap." Independent) joins forces with Tom Craine (Times Top Five 2010, "Wise, funny and lyrical" Observer) and Nat Luurtsema (Chortle Newcomer Nominee 2008, "Disgustingly talented" Guardian)

Tickets are selling, so get in while you can. And if anyone can show me how to copy stars over into a message, I'd appreciate it.

Cheers, Declan

Please film it, we up't north can't see it :(

Return ticket on Monday 4 July from Manchester to London, arriving 16.42 and leaving at 22.00 is currently £28.50.

Hope to see you there, BB.

LOL, he thinks "up north" is Manchester.

Quote: Krusty @ May 29 2011, 12:17 AM BST

LOL, he thinks "up north" is Manchester.

He was talking geographically not sexually, Krusty.

Quote: Declan @ May 28 2011, 11:49 PM BST

Return ticket on Monday 4 July from Manchester to London, arriving 16.42 and leaving at 22.00 is currently £28.50.

Hope to see you there, BB.

That's nice of you Declan. It's not the cost as such. [Its even less with an old biddie pass] I've already been up to the city 12 times since Dec and due again the 19th June, back 20th. I can't fit the sitcom Mission in as well, unfortunately. :)

Hey All,

Just wondering when the next Script Reading MP3 Recording will be happening? I definitely want to send in my script for the service, but can't find any dates on the Sitcom Mission page.

Thanks.

Quote: Welshy @ May 30 2011, 9:08 AM BST

Hey All,

Just wondering when the next Script Reading MP3 Recording will be happening? I definitely want to send in my script for the service, but can't find any dates on the Sitcom Mission page.

Hi Welshy,

We open the new season of The Sitcom Mission at the Diorama on Monday 6th June, so we are rather up to our eyes in it at the moment.

However, the dust should have settled by the 11th June when we're holding another London workshop. So if you would like to come along in person or have your script read by actors and a recording posted to you check out the 'Workshops' page on the Sitcom Mission forum.

Simon

So who is coming on the 6th? It would be good to actually meet some of you.

I just paid for the script reading service. But after reading this thread, I am unsure of how the whole process works.

Do I now sound the script via email? Do I have to travel somewhere? Or is there a set date?

Thanks.

Hi Markiec

Thanks for your payment. If you can email the script to info@every1sacritic.com then we'll get the CD back to you, probably by the end of June if not before. Hope that's ok.

There's still places on our Help! I've Written a Script workshop on June 11 in London, details here:

https://www.comedy.co.uk/sitcom_mission/workshops/1/

Brilliant. Thanks for the help.

Quote: simon wright @ May 31 2011, 11:10 AM BST

So who is coming on the 6th? It would be good to actually meet some of you.

I'm abroad on my holidays for the first two rounds of The Mission but, work permitting, I'll try to get down to see one show. I'm keen to see the new format of the shows.

Plus it'll be good to see what knocked my last 32 entry aside as they galloped triumphantly into the last 8. I must try to keep the heckling and the sneering to a minimum...

Hi Simon and Declan, will you be posting a blurb about each of the sitcoms being performed like last year? With a bit about the writer and some information about the sitcom. As at the moment unless I've missed it, in which case I'm a complete div, it just says the name of the sitcom being performed with no informaton about the indvidual comedy being showcased. Just wanted to know as I was interested in attending the first show. Dan