More of my "Jokes" that are still in utero ...

Again, these jokes are under developed and although I have ideas Im having problems structuring them to make them sound right ... So I am open to any ridicule and harsh advice ... Or compliments if necessary ... And I want to know if theres any bits I should take out ... Thanks ...

1. THE WII: I rememer when the Wii first came out, everyone was saying how it is good for keeping fit, and I have been playing it for four months straight and the results were amazing, I got a full six pack ... On my wrist!! :|

2. One liner: I don't really talk to my dad much, he left when I was born ... I was an ugly baby

3. My mum said to me once "sharon, childbirth is the most painful experience in the world" well then, thank goodness I can't remember! ... But imagine that, being able to remember your own birth, I imagine it would be like squeezing into a polar neck jumper ... The principles are there ... But it would be traumatic though, what would you be thinking? "okay, okay, no need to push, the trouble I had getting here, the traffic lights were stuck on red for ages ... Wheres dad? ... ( I think this joke really needs developing) ...

Thanks for reading, I look forward to some constructive feedback ...

On the Wii one, it might be worth discussing the accidents that it cuases too.

'..yeah, I've kept fit alright. I've had to replace 3 lampshades, redecorate twice and maul a new TV into the lounge...etc..'

Quote: Park Bench @ May 26 2011, 8:04 PM BST

On the Wii one, it might be worth discussing the accidents that it cuases too.

'..yeah, I've kept fit alright. I've had to replace 3 lampshades, redecorate twice and maul a new TV into the lounge...etc..'

Okay ... Thanks.

The ugly baby joke has already been done and so expertly by Ken dodd.

He expanded it to - the midwife slapped his father.
His dummy had a six inch flange.
His pram had shuuters on it - and when his mother took him for a walk in the pram, kids followed thinking it was a traveling punch and judy show

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ May 26 2011, 8:35 PM BST

The ugly baby joke has already been done and so expertly by Ken dodd.

He expanded it to - the midwife slapped his father.
His dummy had a six inch flange.
His pram had shuuters on it - and when his mother took him for a walk in the pram, kids followed thinking it was a traveling punch and judy show

What?? Really?? ... I don't even like or know anything about Ken Dodd ... That's freaked me out that has ... O_O ... Ahwww, and I really liked that joke :(

I shouldn't worry about that. The general opinion around here is that just about every gag has been already done before in one form or another.

I don't quite agree with that but plenty do.

Over years though jokes are reformed and retold to the next generation as brand new.

I watch old music hall videos and I see that a lot of material from those shows has been revamped. Sometimes I am watching and thinking 'I have heard that one' then realise the gag was being told in the 30's/40's

Hi Sharon,

Some good foundations there, although you could add a bit to the childbirth joke to say:

My mother told me childbirth is the most painful experience in the world, thank God I was too young to remember. Although it would be freaky if you could remember your own birth though it'd be like waking up in a dungeon being spanked by a gimp. Now that would be painful!

I'd also agree with Stephen when it comes to jokes as I'm slowly finding that most material has been covered in some shape or form but, its your experiences and your point of view that will separate you from the rest after all we are all unique (except identical twins).

Keep it up, Jason.

Quote: Jason Simmons @ May 27 2011, 12:06 PM BST

Hi Sharon,

Some good foundations there, although you could add a bit to the childbirth joke to say:

My mother told me childbirth is the most painful experience in the world, thank God I was too young to remember. Although it would be freaky if you could remember your own birth though it'd be like waking up in a dungeon being spanked by a gimp. Now that would be painful!

I'd also agree with Stephen when it comes to jokes as I'm slowly finding that most material has been covered in some shape or form but, its your experiences and your point of view that will separate you from the rest after all we are all unique (except identical twins).

Keep it up, Jason.

Haha, okay ... Thanks for the tips!