Eurovision Song Contest Page 7

Are you saying they weren't related?

I have no problem with the nonsense of the Eurovision Song Contest, as watching it always serves as a timely reminder of just how kitsch, camp and ultimately joyless all entertainment would have become if Hitler had won the War. The E.S.C. is the 4th Reich putting on its annual shindig. Highlights should be shown on Remembrance Sunday.

Yeah, obviously.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ May 14 2011, 11:50 PM BST

Yeah, obviously.

You may consider it hyperbole, but I stand by every word.

I prefer good, clean, non-sinister, non-fascist British entertainment...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqb52HUab5o&feature=related

Moldavia was brilliant and your Terry W impersonating man didn't get it at all. :)

Quote: Marc P @ May 15 2011, 12:13 AM BST

Moldavia was brilliant and your Terry W impersonating man didn't get it at all. :)

You mean Graham Norton? lols

Quote: David Carmon @ May 15 2011, 12:36 AM BST

You mean Graham Norton? lols

No not at all. I have seen him on TV and the personality is very different, they got someone in a studio to impersonate Wogan, most of it not live and then some obvious comments when the judging came in.

Quote: Marc P @ May 15 2011, 12:41 AM BST

No not at all. I have seen him on TV and the personality is very different, they got someone in a studio to impersonate Wogan, most of it not live and then some obvious comments when the judging came in.

Hahaha it is actually Graham Norton though

;) Thank God I was out- never caught a glimpse of said crap.

Apparently the winning act, which went by "Ell and Nikki" are actually "Eldar and Nigar". Not only are they singing in English, they're Anglicizing their names nowadays.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ May 15 2011, 11:34 AM BST

..Anglicizing..

I do that deliberately to piss Aaron off.

I think if they sing in English it should be a win for us.

I'd like to see the 'powers that be' in UK Eurovision HQ treat this competition in the same way 98% of the viewing public do: as a joke. Let's send over some madcap act to just take the piss. Let's copy Moldova.

Moldova were great they looked like stoned pixies off a Gong album cover,terrifc.

Although Corsican tenors aren't my thing, fair play to France for entering something more interesting than generic English language Euro-pop.