Extras Christmas Special

Brilliant.

Not a laugh a second but just really good.

Ditto. Barely laughed at all, but brilliant nonetheless.

And some much needed, sobering food-for-thought for the writers around here, I think.

There were definitely 2 or 3 laugh out louds - especially in the House when the woman said about her son being killed and Lisa Scott-Lee started singing "Tragedy".

Very moving too.

Quote: David Chapman @ December 27, 2007, 10:29 PM

There were definitely 2 or 3 laugh out louds - especially in the House when the woman said about her son being killed and Lisa Scott-Lee started singing "Tragedy".

That didn't even register for me. Loved Clive Owen's closing line though.

Great, if a bit f**king grim!! Overall, a great piece. Cant believe Big Brother consented to being used! Does any other comedy make you feel those kind of emotions? I think theres a depth to that that no other sit-com touches. Merchant and Gervais have said in future theyd like to try some serious pieces, and you could tell they were sort of flexing those muscles a bit there. Now lets hear from those gervais haters!!

Absolutely sensational. Best piece of TV comedy all year. No-one does happy endings like Gervais. Absolutely awesome, but not a bit cheesy.

Yes, great. Loved the bit where it cut back to Darren after Andy's speech, classic.

I loved loved loved it.
And I blubbed.

Did you see Karl!!

Excellent and sums up the media and celebrity exactly. And perhaps this shows me up but the only bit I actually laughed at was the "Fish Stew" line. However was great

Well, all positive so far; thats really great-I was sure there was quite a few Gervais haters on here, was I wrong or was this of such quality that its turned them round a little?

Yeah best bit of comedy TV this year. Thought it was brilliant.

Great stuff. I never really liked EXTRA's when it first came out (didn't think it lived up to the standards of The Office) but after watching repeats and dvds over the years, it's grown on me and I like it.

And of course, for me, Gervais is at his best when he is having a pop at people like Victoria Wood, Catherine Tate, Idiotic celebrities who star in Doctor Who, Hotel Babylon and panel shows. Wave Pirate

Is it me or would The Carphone Warehouse gang make a great sitcom?

Quote: Leevil @ December 27, 2007, 10:35 PM

Is it me or would The Carphone Warehouse gang make a great sitcom?

That would be great! Id definitely be open to seeing the Barry and Lamb sit-com!

I'm so glad they're all happy in the Carphone Warehouse!
I would certainly buy my phones there.

I'm sure the Gervais haters (/ Gervais fan baiters) will be along presently. :)
If they haven't liked him before they won't start now.