RIP John Sullivan Page 2

One of the greatest TV writers in his prime.

RIP John.

Pneumonia?
Yikes.

Very sad news. :(

Quote: Aaron @ April 23 2011, 2:40 PM BST

Such very sad news. The term 'great' is bandied out about far too many people these days, but he really was.

A special mention to the excellent Heartbreak Hotel, co-written with Jon Glover, which I have only recently discovered.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/00000525/john_sullivan_dies_aged_64/

Close Aaron,Heartburn Hotel co-written with Steve Glover. He also co-wrote the classic Two Ronnies sketch where Ronnie Corbett has a duck that he is convinced is a Norwegian racing pigeon

Yes, it is so sad. Heartbreaking.

From everything I've read he was an absolutely smashing bloke, too.

RIP.

Very sad news indeed.

For me he was one of the sitcom writing Holy Trinity along with Clement & La Frenais and Galton & Simpson.

RIP.

:(

He will certainly be missed, and was truly a great writer. Knew how to write families perfectly, and early Only Fools in particular had these short flashes of real genius comedy writing.

RIP John.

Only just turned on the laptop. Very sad news. Hopefully the Beeb will find a fitting tribute to him.

I'm a huge fan of his shows and am completely gutted by this very sad news.

RIP

Sad news
RIP John

More sad news from the entertainment world. OFAH was loved by so many, so he won't be forgotten.

How sad; a top, top writer.

Very very sad news indeed. What a legacy he leaves though.

John Sullivan's work transcended the usual barriers of social class or creed---end of story.

RIP John Sullivan. He was a true legend in the sitcom world in every way. Whether it was hilarious moments like Batman and Robin or hilarious lines like "I'm worried that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation, knowing my luck I'll come back as me.". Add to that some terrific long-running gags "Dave", During the war..." and full scenes with great parts almost every line "There is a rhino loose in the city". He truely was a hero of comedy.