RIP John Sullivan

Been announced on Sky News,only 64

Really much too young to be dying.
RIP. :(

Oh dear. What can one say? An immense contribution to British sitcom coupled with (apparently) being a really decent and nice bloke. Very sad. RIP.

Blimey, that's one of the best ever sitcom creators gone :( How sad. What a legacy of work he left us though :) A very hard working and dedicated writer too.

:( Gave me so many laughs. RIP

...and Trigger makes a sad face. :(

RIP Very sad news

RIP to one of our finest ever sitcom writers. So many great shows but I've always had a soft spot for Dear John.

RIP. Sad news.

Dan

Well, bugger me.

I've just been watching him on OFAH 40 Greatest Moments on Gold and I come downstairs to this !

RIP John.

So many happy hours enjoying your work.

RIP. The word great is overused but he was an all-time great of comedy.

aparently he was working on a sitcom about zombies attacking clowns

"only fools in corpses"

Quote: chipolata @ April 23 2011, 1:27 PM BST

RIP to one of our finest ever sitcom writers. So many great shows but I've always had a soft spot for Dear John.

Hear, hear! My favourite of his shows. :)

A real shame. Only 64 as well. Citizen Smith, Only Fools and Horses, Just Good Friends, Dear John. For most people just writing a single one of those marvellous series would earn them a place in my pantheon of comedy heroes. A true legend.

Such very sad news. The term 'great' is bandied out about far too many people these days, but he really was.

A special mention to the excellent Heartbreak Hotel, co-written with Jon Glover, which I have only recently discovered.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/00000525/john_sullivan_dies_aged_64/