Candy Cabs Page 4

I enjoyed it more than expected. Some humourus moments, good cast, shall tune in next week.

:)

;) What a shock, you watch any crap!

Quote: dellas @ April 8 2011, 11:31 AM BST

;) What a shock, you watch any crap!

:D

Quote: dellas @ April 8 2011, 7:02 AM BST

;) Obviously a 'guy' prog', made for chaps or the moronic type. Mark my words there will be a lot of tits and arse, no point otherwise, oh yes, and a car.

Yeah, again, you must have been watching a different programme!

Quote: dellas @ April 8 2011, 7:02 AM BST

;) Obviously a 'guy' prog',

You really know what a guy likes-!

:D Of course, I think maybe some others are self-delusional, guilty so jump to the defensive every time!

If anything. This series seems aimed at women. Northern women, since I have a feeling both writers are from the North. Plus a quick internet trawl has a comment from Commissioning Head of Comedy, Cheryl Taylor saying:

"We're delighted to be on board with the girls from Candy Cabs. The series has a wonderful cast, warm and witty writing and a sparkling seaside setting brimming with Northern soul. We look forward to three nights of emotional and dramatic fun with these lovely ladies."

Should be write up your street then, dellas. Being a Northern woman and all. ;)

Only 3 episodes? What's the point? I gave it the benefit of the doubt that part 1 was setting the scene,

Quote: Chappers @ April 8 2011, 3:41 PM BST

Only 3 episodes? What's the point? I gave it the benefit of the doubt that part 1 was setting the scene,

Its the BBC's new favourite length for a new show they're not sure about.

ooh it's nothern based so it must be rubbish.
Never saw a single whippet or cloth cap or a pidgeon - so it was nowt like nothern for this Yorkshire pudding

Yes, I echo that it seems like something ITV would do. It made me think of Jack Rosenthal, and mourn his passing. There have been some memorable comedies this year, but this won't be one of them.

I thought this was ok. It's not LOL, but there were some funny moments.

For such a strong ensemble cast, they didn't make much use of them.

I loved Dennis Pennis in the tiger pants with his white bum hanging out.

Loved the review in the Graun. I wonder how many people will miss the slight tinge of sarcasm.

But this commissioning of three and four episodes rather than the usual six seems to be indicative of a wider loss of confidence. Unless it is Episodes which seems to be running to a transatlantic halfway house all of its own.

Quote: KLRiley @ April 9 2011, 11:21 AM BST

Loved the review in the Graun. I wonder how many people will miss the slight tinge of sarcasm.

Thanks for pointing out this review.

I think those that enjoyed Ep1 may not see it as sarcasm, and so the article will appeal to everyone(?) Grace by name ...

That article was awful. Seems to me that Grace needs with a spa day to chillax.