So...Twitter.... Page 5

@fredhotlove

I want more followers too.
And maybe more jokes, followers first! jokes later!

@ilost20stone.

We all want more followers steve.

Don't expect jokes from me though folks.

Quote: bigfella @ March 28 2011, 10:43 PM BST

@ilost20stone.

We all want more followers steve.

Don't expect jokes from me though folks.

Added! Don't forget to follow the rest of the list ;)

Dean

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ March 28 2011, 10:42 PM BST

@fredhotlove

I want more followers too.
And maybe more jokes, followers first! jokes later!

You're in - Don't forget to follow the rest of the list...

Dean

I don't want that many followers. I barely want the Twitter account. I have one for "just in case".

Like Just in case... Stephen Fry becomes an evil emperor overlord. I know he'll spare me for a bit. Then I'll make my escape!

Been writing jokes almost daily on Twitter for about a year now. Have won third and second prize in the Comedy Highlight Twitter joke competition. That £100 still eludes me so far...

Did a bit of stand-up Oop North but yet to make my London debut as I need to write a load of new one-liners that I don't end up tweeting...

@philswales

Also have a comedy blog that I update when I have something to say, which isn't much lately since I'm not gigging right now and "wrote another joke today" only has limited scope:

http://humourism.blogspot.com/

Hi Phil,

Good to have you on board!

You're added to the list... ;)

Dean

Thanks dude!

Can I shock you? I like Twitter!

I used to be a huge sceptic but then I realised Twitter is essentially for business networking and not like Facebook i.e. sharing the inane minutiae of your life with friends and family.

I have won business from twitter I would never have even known about. I also regularly enter and recently won the win100 joke writing competition, so all in all, Twitter's been good to me,but you have to have a reason for using it other than telling us you're washing your hair. When you've been on it a while and have a few regular followers is the time you can chuck in the odd inanity, but by and large they should be kept for Facebook, which personally I cannot abide.

Quote: Aldeem @ March 29 2011, 2:02 PM BST

I also regularly enter and recently won the win100 joke writing competition

Ooh, well done! What was the joke?
(You don't have to post it if you don't want to.)

Hello Phil! (I know Phil) He lives in London town now.

Oh, and anyone who follows me on twitter- I will return the favour.

Quote: zooo @ March 29 2011, 2:07 PM BST

Ooh, well done! What was the joke?
(You don't have to post it if you don't want to.)

Just been tucking my head into my chest & pushing myself forward arms first until my body turns completely over. That's how I roll.

There was a 'stewards enquiry' as someone claimed they had written a similar joke in January. I was peed off about that as I genuinely started with the punchline and worked backwards (then forwards in the form of a roll). Who knows, maybe their punchline was the same but it would be a huge coincidence if the front end was as I looked up the description of how to do a forward roll on the web and then chopped it down to squeeze it into 140 characters. In short, I'd never plagiarise anything. Indeed I was a bit miffed at the suggestion I had, but we managed to resolve it OK.

Quote: Aldeem @ March 29 2011, 2:59 PM BST

Just been tucking my head into my chest & pushing myself forward arms first until my body turns completely over. That's how I roll.

:D

Just in case anyone accuses me of plagarism I sometimes open my set with...

"I like to go down hills by doing somersaults, that's how I roll."

Which is a joke I wrote ages ago, in fact it's No. 26 of this list I posted on this very forum about 18 months ago.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/15654

http://www.twitter.com/TonyCowards

A lot of my Twitter jokes have been done by others, either prior to my posting or subsequently, by amateur and professional comedians alike.

In all but one case it was just a coincidence. That's the trouble with doing one-liners, especially if they're wordplay-based like most in the win100 seem to be.

That's why I'm trying to move away from that sort of material.

P.S. Hi Nat!

Quote: Fat Jedi Comedy @ March 17 2011, 10:48 PM BST

I'm really into Twitter.

================================================================================

Im not :) but Im doing the conga with ya'll now...Ive added everyone on the list so far