American kids cartoon shows

As the mother of a 9 yr old I'm exposed to a fair amount of kids TV, and have noticed the U.S. cartoons that are coming out these days are brilliant. I would recommend anyone (who hasn't already) should check out Chowder, Adventure Time and The Regular Show. I just wish we had something as good, if not better, from this side of the pond!

Quote: Stylo @ March 28 2011, 12:06 AM BST

As the mother of a 9 yr old I'm exposed to a fair amount of kids TV, and have noticed the U.S. cartoons that are coming out these days are brilliant. I would recommend anyone (who hasn't already) should check out Chowder, Adventure Time and The Regular Show. I just wish we had something as good, if not better, from this side of the pond!

Chowder is amazing!!

Rada rada rada!

'Fritz the Cat' - if only.

Quote: AndreaLynne @ March 28 2011, 3:09 AM BST

Chowder is amazing!!

Rada rada rada!

Yay! Schnitzel is an awesome character :D

Today's Cartoons will never be as good as the cartoons I grew up with in the eighties :)

I'm a bit out of the loop these days as both my 'kids' are great big lumps now, but back in the late 80s early-mid 90s I was amazed by how great some of these American shows were.

Johnny Bravo and Dexter's Lab being ones I remember fondly.

When I was a growing up we had American imports Top Cat (animated Bilko essentially) & The Flintstones on the Beeb. Both were excellent too so it seems that there's a bit of history here.

It's clever writing that appeals to both kids and adults and something that (imo) The Simpsons has always done so well.

Wow. Chowder is absolutely electric. It's so fresh and lively but I certainly wouldn't call it a Children's show. I'm from the US and anything worth watching made after 1998 or so is usually on Cartoon Network and their alter-ego Adult Swim. Anyone into great adult cartoons should definitely check out Aqua Teen Hunger Force, the Venture Brothers and Squidbillies. And oh, Fox has an instant classic on their hands with Bob's Burgers.

Bobs burgers is amazing

I always quite liked "sit down shut up!"

Quote: Richard Wells @ March 28 2011, 10:42 AM BST

Today's Cartoons will never be as good as the cartoons I grew up with in the eighties :)

You obviously don't remember The Happy Days Gang? Or Roger Ramjet?

Quote: Tim Azure @ May 5 2011, 3:35 PM BST

You obviously don't remember The Happy Days Gang? Or Roger Ramjet?

I wish I remembered The Happy Days Gang... just wiki'ed it and it ended up with the Fonz joining a Laverne and Shirley in the Army cartoon... hot dog that sounds like a winner.

I recall the Animaniacs and Tiny Toon Adventures as being genuinely funny television in the early 90's.

Yeah, America's good at cartoons, Ren and Stimpy was one of the best.

Quote: Prudeno @ May 4 2011, 11:02 PM BST

Bobs burgers is amazing

I'm not sure, but I think I saw some of Bob's Burgers and it was rubbish if it's the one I'm thinking of.

South Park and Family Guy are/were great, though not aimed at kids.

Sponge Bob Square Pants is another very good one.

All new Family Guy eps on BBC 3 this Sunday

giggedy!

I quite like Chowder and Phineas and Ferb. I've seen Regular Show once or twice and I want to like it, but so far it hasn't really hit the heights.

Just read that Seth McFarlane (Family Guy) will be rebooting the classic Flintstones series for Fox.

i love Regular Show

Alright Guvnor!