Cottaging Page 6

Quote: Marc P @ March 24 2011, 9:52 AM GMT

I'll have a think... maybe COTTAGE CHEESE

Wheeeeey!

Quote: Marc P @ March 24 2011, 9:52 AM GMT

Well there's a bit of a pun in the title, as it's not really about men having sex in public lavatories until the second series.

I'll have a think... maybe COTTAGE CHEESE

?

If they are going to go for it in the second series Id suggest 'Spend a Penny' :)

Here I sit broken hearted
Spent a penny and then... only some geezer came up knocking on the door asking if I was George Michael! It's not my fault, I inherited these feet you know!!

Perhaps you could change the title to 'COTTER-ging'

Then it could star James Cotter, be co-written by James Cotter, directed by James Cotter and have additional material by James Cotter. You could even have a four second teaser trailer with 'Starring James Cotter' blazoned in huge letters across the screen.

Marc, I can already see the twinkle in your eye as you consider this to be a viable idea!

Quote: Deferenz @ March 25 2011, 2:01 AM GMT

Perhaps you could change the title to 'COTTER-ging'

Then it could star James Cotter, be co-written by James Cotter, directed by James Cotter and have additional material by James Cotter. You could even have a four second teaser trailer with 'Starring James Cotter' blazoned in huge letters across the screen.

Best to sign him up as creative consultant too. If test audiences or studio execs aren't guffawing themselves silly, he's your man to add zest to the script and make people start caring about those characters.

He's a busy man!

Finally caught up with this and this time before beer o'clock.

I liked it and found it to be quite subtle with well drawn characters that developed along with the story as it unfolded.

I could see nods towards things that others have mentioned already Croft & Perry and Dad's Army, although the latter has probably more to do with the episode's actual content. Side issue - wasn't all the location stuff for Dad's Army shot in that neck of the woods?

I also saw a bit of a Victoria Wood influence? At times Max reminded me of Tony from Dinner Ladies in some of his tag lines and general delivery, and for whatever reason I formed a mental picture of Andrew Dunn when reading Max's lines.

I was dying for you to kick the ball through the open goal that was "rissoles" and fair play to you for having restraint and being able to resist it. I don't think that I could've looked the other way.

Thanks for posting this up and an enjoyable read.

Cheers Mister B, I was going to call this Ep Faggots & Rissoles but thought better of it!

I could see this on Radio 4..or Radio 7. Is there a Radio 7? I'm sort of dipping in and out of it whilst watching the 10 o'clock show on Skyplus...or fast forwarding Lauren Laverne's bits to be more precise. Which I suppose is disrespectful..to you..not Laverne. Kenickie were crap as well. Again, this is aimed a Laverne and not you.

Cheers Mark I am thinking of doing a radio version of this. Bit of a challenge I reckon. Thanks for input! :)