The Sitcom Mission 2011 Page 72

I didnt get an email either way. I got an email to say they received it but I didnt get any confirmation.

Time for a Chai tea : ) Which sitcom is yours Griff?

Well done to the ones going through. waiting for my email to say I came 33rd.

Quote: Graham Bandage @ March 15 2011, 12:08 AM GMT

I believe there is a public lavatory on the outskirts of Reading.

:D

Quote: Otterfox @ March 15 2011, 12:08 AM GMT

I didnt get an email either way. I got an email to say they received it but I didnt get any confirmation.

I haven't received an e-mail either, presumably they are flying across the interwebs magical tubes at this very moment.

Well done Rich, Griff, Ennie, bluerthanblue, and any other BCGers. Knock 'em dead with your other episodes!

Congrats to those who made the long list!

I thought I had the next "Spinal Tap" mockumentary on my hands, but found it difficult to adjust it for the stage (cutting the Talking Head stuff, toning down the language).

And reading over it, the first 10 pages consists of just two guys arguing.

First script I sent out, so not too pissed. Next time!

Cool

Quote: Otterfox @ March 15 2011, 12:08 AM GMT

Am feeling quite smug! Not cos I got through, I didn't, but because I have now not had any kind of rejection acknowledgement whatsoever from Laughing Stock or Sitcom Mission.

Am treating this as a good sign. It's blatantly clear that my scripts were SO funny, that they have bypassed the competitions and been placed directly on the desk of a top TV exec, who has spent the last few days in hospital after laughing so much, so hasn't had chance to get back to me in person.

Not that there's probably either an issue with my email account, or that they were so poor, they weren't worthy of acknowledgement!

Good luck to all who got through - am dying to know what some of them are like, to see what the future of comedy has in store for us all!

Congratulations to everyone that made the long list and commiserations to those that didn't get through this time.

The following link should be of interest to all writers and followers of this forum:

http://www.uniontheatre.biz/#/short-and-sweet-comedy/4548592018

(An evening of new comedies at a theatre in London from 15th March to 9th April).

And congratulations to Simon and Declan for wading through all those scripts.

Quote: bluer than blue @ March 15 2011, 12:14 AM GMT

And congratulation to Simon and Declan for wading through all those scripts.

I concur. Good work chaps!

I think someone from Hat Trick is involved in the 'second stage', so they'll see all three of your scripts.

Night folks, Thanks for the congrats and well done everyone else. Sleep well. Rich.

Quote: Badge @ March 15 2011, 12:12 AM GMT

Well done Rich, Griff, Ennie, bluerthanblue, and any other BCGers. Knock 'em dead with your other episodes!

Thanks Badge. I'm a bit concerned because my pilot episode actually came true two days after the deadline. So I'm going to write lots of nice fluffy stuff for the next two. Hope you enter next time!

Quote: Griff @ March 15 2011, 12:19 AM GMT

*sprints to the nearest bathroom in panic*

I write at a desk, but if you write on a porcelain throne then that's fine.

1244 down to the last 32. Great stuff.

Right, I really am going to bed now. Cheerio.

Quote: Badge @ March 15 2011, 12:12 AM GMT

Thanks Badge