The Sitcom Mission 2011 Page 69

Quote: Declan @ March 14 2011, 11:09 PM GMT

And one sitcom opens with a guy in a wheelchair on the phone to his dad:

"You can't cut me out of the business, father. I'm half of this company...A quarter? How do you get that?...Oh, because I can't use my legs, well, that's a fair point, actually"

I liked that as well!

Anyway, good luck everyone. I can say this with great generosity as I decided to save Simon and Declan some time by not entering.

Right, I just want to know now, so I can go to bed.

Why I'm so interested in a competition I didn't enter, I've no idea...

Just got a rejection email. :(

Pizza Hut don't want me to be their free pizza, cake and ice-cream tester, b*****ds.

Quote: Kattykitt @ March 14 2011, 9:43 PM GMT

Well, three glasses of port later and I can still read, type and stand in a corner, juddering. I fear that I shall still be in possession of my faculties when the email arrives. Damn and blast you, oh hardy constitution!

Oh wait...I see a pixie...

I think the port thing was a brilliant idea to fill the wait but now I don't think I could see pixies even if they were there ...

(holds breath)

I just got so worked up I kicked my neighbours cat, laughed like Brian Blessed, took a dump in the sink then punched my mum.

Feeling fine now.

Quote: Jon Gregory @ March 14 2011, 11:38 PM GMT

I think the port thing was a brilliant idea to fill the wait but now I don't think I could see pixies even if they were there ...

Behind every great writer is a port-induced pixie.
So it says on pg 343 of the Writers Handbook.

Quote: Feeoree @ March 14 2011, 11:42 PM GMT

I just got so worked up I kicked my neighbours cat, laughed like Brian Blessed, took a dump in the sink then punched my mum.

Feeling fine now.

Hahaha! Awesome.

Last ten minutes.

(GULP)

(continues to hold breath despite vision going fuzzy)

Quote: StephenM @ March 14 2011, 11:47 PM GMT

Last ten minutes.

Anybody still awake should get a bye into the next round....

Silently polishing family gun.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ March 14 2011, 11:49 PM GMT

Silently polishing family gun.

How intimate.

5 minutes to go.

And it would appear I've turned into the speaking clock.

Quote: Jon Gregory @ March 14 2011, 11:38 PM GMT

What, I am seeing double pixies, they are there....honest