Laughing Stock 2011 Page 15

Monroe starring James Nesbitt as a neurosurgeon....

So ITV do still do sitcom.

Quote: Griff @ March 10 2011, 7:56 PM GMT

Yep, rejection email here too.

Don't suppose we'll ever get a chance to read some of the entries that made it through at some point? Just so we know what the competition was like.

I gave birth to my characters, conjured up a world for them to inhabit, nurtured them through their back stories and filled their heads with hopes and dreams, only to tell them they do not have a future after all. Cast out into the lost souls of sitcomland. RIP

Think I may have had too glasses of wines four many!:S

hit the nail on the head, I hate that what I wrote is going to be nothing more than just that

ah well, what doesn't kill us... will beat us to death eventually

You know, there are actually places to send your script other than this competition.

Wise words Matt

Some times these comps are the toughest avenues

Work on making your script good enough

Quote: clueless @ March 10 2011, 5:54 PM GMT

This popped up on BBC Writers Room twitter feed. Just in case they were anyone on here, I thought I'd post it:

"Ben Watson & Joe Waterfield who sent us a Laughing Stock script,The Find Out Club, w/o any contact info, pls email us:writersroom@bbc.co.uk"

Thanks very much for posting this here, I'm one of the idiot writers in question who foolishly forgot to supply our contact details with our script. What a pair of rookies. Just a wee note to say a big thanks for posting the tweet on here. Haven't heard one way or the other from the Writer's Room so in the meantime I'll be sitting about in my pants, roaring 'WINE, WINE, BRING ME MORE WINE!' at whoever will listen.

Quote: sootyj @ March 10 2011, 8:28 PM GMT

Wise words Matt

Some times these comps are the toughest avenues

In something like this, you basically have to be very, very lucky to make the short list, never mind actually winning the thing. Enter them, of course, but don't put all your hopes and dreams on getting somewhere this way, look at all ways!

This is so true and Martin Clunes and Pippa Braithwaite still have my dromedy screenplay. Ok it could be sitting on the shelf or filed away in his kitchen bin lol But looking on the bright side, he's not got back to me saying give up love.....and I've not heard back about my monologue for A night of new stories yet. :)

Yeah, I'll definitely keep writing and sending in and all that

i was just reffering to the horrible feeling you get just after you've been rejected

Mine didn't get through either. It's a bit strange not making the top 10% as the same script has got me meetings and work with production companies in the past.

It just goes to show that anything can happen in a contest. I reckon the Sitcom Mission is a better and more transparent opportunity overall. We shall see what Monday brings.

Through to the next bit. Which is nice, but I'm not counting my chickens yet.

Quote: Trioka @ March 10 2011, 8:33 PM GMT

Thanks very much for posting this here, I'm one of the idiot writers in question who foolishly forgot to supply our contact details with our script. What a pair of rookies. Just a wee note to say a big thanks for posting the tweet on here. Haven't heard one way or the other from the Writer's Room so in the meantime I'll be sitting about in my pants, roaring 'WINE, WINE, BRING ME MORE WINE!' at whoever will listen.

*Drop kicks remaining bottle of Pinot to Trioka*
Good luck!

Mine appears unworthy even of rejection...

Less said, soonest forgotten?

Let's all just think happy thoughts!

Maybe they haven't sent all the rejections or acceptances out yet.

Or we could go with negative and then have a minute chance of feeling pleasently suprised.

Can you tell I'm faking this positive thread of thought?