This is my first time. Bacon and Herring Page 4

My personal view point is that if it is funny, really funny, it should be included - we shouldn't overly concern ourselves with a theme?!?

Obviously if this is going to be filmed there may have to be some restraints - I doubt the budget will cover a sketch set on the Titanic as it sinks or a skit set in a crowd of hundreds.

Once we've hashed out the rough ideas I'll setup a dedicated sticky thread and we can take things from there (we seem to be doing ok discussing the basics here).

Another writers newsletter will be appearing next month so it can be mentioned it in there for more exposure.

I propose that once the ground rules are laid down people are given till maybe mid-March to come up with some sketches and submit these to a dedicated inbox (this gives us time to setup all the needed pages and voting stuff).

I'm happy to support whatever is the general consensus to be honest - I like Baumski's idea of a committee or some such thing as I don't think anyone could handle organising it by themselves - I definitely wouldn't want to!

Quote: Fred Peters @ January 30, 2007, 1:19 PM

potential title for our online sketch show:
Toss Bag - a random title to give an idea of the energy and tone of the show

As and when we come to thinking about a title, let's get away from alienating the audience with Rag Week innuendo's like 'Philly Sucker', if you know what I mean. Keep it simple and let the sketches hook the audience.

Yeah agree with that. Also thanks Mark, sounds like a good process to me.

By the way, I think contraints such as a time limit or a watershed limit or something like that are fine. But like Mark says I'm not too bothered about a theme.

If people do want themes though, Ginger's idea about themed and open submissions is a good one

Quote: Baumski @ January 30, 2007, 2:18 PM

As and when we come to thinking about a title, let's get away from alienating the audience with Rag Week innuendo's like 'Philly Sucker', if you know what I mean. Keep it simple and let the sketches hook the audience.

If this gets anywhere some TV Exec will no doubt pick the title so lets not debate that in any detail yet.

That said, Bacon and Herring would be quite a fun name I think - it could be some obsure trivia pointing back to where it all started. Trouble is Bacon and Herring could sound like it is a sketch show starring Richard Bacon and Richard Herring!

haha, bacon and herring do sound like a bad cop show, who's up for writing a bad cop show with Richard Bacon and Harry Herring? nope ok... sketch show it is.

Quote: paul watson @ January 30, 2007, 2:28 PM

haha, bacon and herring do sound like a bad cop show, who's up for writing a bad cop show with Richard Bacon and Harry Herring? nope ok... sketch show it is.

Lol good comment

out of interest is anyone gonna be 'in charge' of this project or is everyone gonna be on level terms so to speak?

Well as I understand it everyone will be on level terms, the only thing we will probably need is someone on more of a admin and co-ordinating roll just for the sake of organisation

Just managed to read all the posts on what has proven to be a very active thread - proof alone that the basic idea of a full site-collaboration of sorts has gotten the old juices flowing.
I love the ideas being thown around and agree with those that think a fairly loose theme would be a good starting point for us all - nothing too exact as we do need a bit of licence to put our own angle on it.
Oh yeah - and before I forget what started this whole thread off - nice sketch Wildjesusfishkid.

so you liked the sketch then? Oh yes. I'm in too!

Lol I think it would only be fair to include the actual Bacon and Herring sketch

Quote: dyingtolive @ January 30, 2007, 2:34 PM

out of interest is anyone gonna be 'in charge' of this project or is everyone gonna be on level terms so to speak?

Well, it ain't gonna be me or solely me and just as a by the by, I think 'Bacon and Herring' is a wonderful and irreverent title.

I like Bacon and Herring is a good title too. Baumski I'd be happy to help with organisation if you wanted

In all honesty I am absolutely amazed by what began as an observation has snowballed into something of such good intent. As I am hesitant to get too far ahead of myself, I think 'Bacon and Herring' has to be run in conjunction with BSG and go from there. Obviously if you're keen to get something going in the meantime, then OK.

I think now is the time to introduce a new and 'Bacon and Herring' thread. However, if there's some way of incorporating this current thread into it by way of a simple name change, then continuity would be assured.

I agree Baumski - anything that moves this exhilarating idea closer to reality has to be a good idea.