How TV Ruined Your Life Page 11

Will this get a DVD release? It's not vintage Brooker but it'd be nice to have something of his on my shelf.

I have some of his mail, don't tell him though.

I think Chip's talking about Konnie.

Quote: Jamey @ February 9 2011, 10:30 PM GMT

But not ehanced at all, just really, the same. It felt like there were so many other things he could cover on aspirational telivison, expesially with all the more modern shows on it. It just seemed like a Screenwipe compilation show really.

Yes, others have remarked as such. Still, I'd rather a Brooker rehashing than most of the crap on TV. :)

Welcome Jamey. :)

I enjoyed the last ep. Like him dressed as a tramp.

With a top hat on!

Despite the slight rehashness of the last few episodes, I'm looking forward to this next episode. It seems like much newer ground for Charlie, he's usually not touched on romance on television/news.

(I've liked the whole series so far, but I do agree with the complaints about little new-ness)

After a bit of a dodgy rehash first ep., I'm really enjoying this. The spoof sitcom with Kevin Eldon in the second one was hilarious.

I was thinking last night "yeah TV is too aspirational, and you should know Charlie, it's not like you're a rich TV personality married to Konnie Huq... Oh wait".

I also find the episodes message that "humans won't be selfish unless someone tells us to" amusingly naive.

Quote: ggggg hhhhh @ February 10 2011, 12:13 PM GMT

I was thinking last night "yeah TV is too aspirational, and you should know Charlie, it's not like you're a rich TV personality married to Konnie Huq... Oh wait".

I'm not sure I quite understand the point you think you're making. Brooker can't bemoan the gross likes of 'My Super Sweet Sixteenth' because he's not poor and he's married to an ex-Blue Peter presenter? Is that the gist of it?

No offence, but who better than a person who's in what we would call an apirational position to shatter the BS about it? One of the things I like about CB is that despite all the bluster, audience-trolling and self-depreciation he does, he seems to really care about all this.

There's a solid core to all the stuff he does, that TV or Games or the News or Life could be better if we understood it more. That's what I think, anyway.

Reading about Charlie I don't think he is all that rich. He freely admits to being a fearful "manchild" who can't cope with even paying bills etc... I bet Konnie will do all his banking and probably dress him too.

I'd like to dress him.

I'd like to be dressed by Konnie.

Girls like to dress me ... with their eyes.

Here's the classic Screewipe bit from 2007 that Charlie abused in this week's episode.

It's pretty shocking how much material he just re-used with barely any changes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59OJ17raqWw

Shameless, really.