How TV Ruined Your Life

Is this a sketch show? (move it if not). Anyway, here's a preview of the first episode.

If... Pens Got Hot

Oh, it's already on here. Whistling nnocently

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/how_tv_ruined_your_life/videos/

Looking forward to some undiluted Brooker after the disappointing 10 O'Clock Live.

Disappointing. A half-baked rehash of stuff we've seen a dozen times before on News and Screenwipe. A couple of funny bits but not nearly enough.

I thought it was good, personally. I just felt it felt... short.

Too much we've seen before, including on Screen/Newswipes.

Oh, Chip's just said this. :)

P.S. It's not a sketch show. Belongs more in satire if anything, according to my understanding of BCG nomenclature.

It was okay, but too familiar; apparently next week's is much better.

I enjoyed it. Loved all the post apocalyptic/nuclear clips.
Should be good covering a whole different subject each week.

I also think it needed more SPLINK, but that's probably just me. I love that line.

Quote: Badge @ January 25 2011, 10:31 PM GMT

P.S. It's not a sketch show. Belongs more in satire if anything, according to my understanding of BCG nomenclature.

It was previewed on here as a sketch show, which is why I put it there. :)

It seemed to have a lot of familiar stuff, stuff that we've seen before.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 25 2011, 10:32 PM GMT

It was okay, but too familiar; apparently next week's is much better.

They said that about Episodes. Some good bits, particularly on the weirdness of seventies kids TV (I am half convinced that I do remember Orlov), but all in all a rather over-familiar Brooker rant. From having once been a fan I am finding that he is starting to grate on me now.

"If pens got hot" seemed interminable.

I love how Brooker or people like him never mention global warming when talking about scaremongering in the press. I'm not saying it's not happening (before you all get angry) but so is terrorism and the prospect of nuclear war so why does this one get sacred cow status? I can think of about half a dozen times I've heard or read reports to the effect of "this is what Britain will look like if the climate rises 10 degrees" (without stating why it would rise that amount no more no less) or showing pictures of half the western world under water on the news, with the broadcaster only briefly stating that this is only an absolute worst case ever situation.

Quote: Timbo @ January 25 2011, 11:49 PM GMT

They said that about Episodes. Some good bits, particularly on the weirdness of seventies kids TV (I am half convinced that I do remember Orlov), but all in all a rather over-familiar Brooker rant. From having once been a fan I am finding that he is starting to grate on me now.

"If pens got hot" seemed interminable.

Ha! As I predicted only hours ago on the British Comedy Awards thread...

Quote: Tim Walker @ January 25 2011, 1:18 PM GMT

I also felt mixed emotions watching Charlie Brooker collect his award. Happiness, because he thoroughly deserved it, mixed with sadness, as I suspect this will be the high water mark which precedes his slow, inevitable decline in terms of relevance and quality. :(

Smarmy