Episodes - Series 1 Page 12

Quote: Charlie Boy @ January 17 2011, 5:01 PM GMT

Shouldn't all sit-coms be gag-packed??

Don't be daft, it's far more trendy and you're far more liable to win awards if the sit-com doesn't feature anything as vulgar as mere "jokes".

Quote: Tony Cowards @ January 17 2011, 5:43 PM GMT

Don't be daft, it's far more trendy and you're far more liable to win awards if the sit-com doesn't feature anything as vulgar as mere "jokes".

I agree. Look what happened with Freinds..

Quote: Tony Cowards @ January 16 2011, 4:19 PM GMT

Subtle? A wanking gag in the first 30 seconds, the obvious "bath taking ages to fill up and the characters sexual ardor evaporating", American TV people saying one thing but meaning another? The interminable saga with the gatehouse guard and them not being on the list?

What humour was in there, seemed about as subtle as an Israeli boarding of an aid ship.

Apart from being as obvious as the Jolly Green Giant on a ladder wearing a top hat, the problem I had with the bath filling up joke was that baths in hotels/country clubs don't fill up slowly, they fill up really quickly. The water pressure is normally phenomenal.

They were in a private house though, weren't they?
Rented.

Mangan & LeBlanc were just on the radio promoting tonight's episode. LeBlanc has a very high opinion of the writing. I imagine he's completely unbiased.

Quote: Griff @ January 17 2011, 5:48 PM GMT

You do seem to take any other style of comedy than your own as something of a personal insult, Tony? Can't we all just get along?

Indeed.

I'm only arsing about, I just find it funny sometimes when people denigrate comedy for having jokes, happens all the time with stand ups (and yes, I'm bitter and twisted.)

;) :P

Quote: Griff @ January 17 2011, 5:48 PM GMT

You do seem to take any other style of comedy than your own as something of a personal insult, Tony? Can't we all just get along?

I've noticed this too. For a man so blessed with a one liner it makes me feel sad in my gut.

Quote: Ben @ January 17 2011, 7:29 PM GMT

I've noticed this too. For a man so blessed with a one liner it makes me feel sad in my gut.

I apologize and promise to try harder to appreciate comedy shows that aren't so obviously "gag packed".

Quote: Godot Taxis @ January 17 2011, 5:56 PM GMT

Apart from being as obvious as the Jolly Green Giant on a ladder wearing a top hat, the problem I had with the bath filling up joke was that baths in hotels/country clubs don't fill up slowly, they fill up really quickly. The water pressure is normally phenomenal.

When I watched this, I thought, 'the gag is going to be that bath takes ages to fill up'; but then I saw the volume of water coming out of the taps, and I thought, 'maybe its not, because that is going to fill up pretty quickly'; but it turned out that was the gag after all.

Quote: Tony Cowards @ January 17 2011, 7:19 PM GMT

Indeed.

I'm only arsing about, I just find it funny sometimes when people denigrate comedy for having jokes, happens all the time with stand ups (and yes, I'm bitter and twisted.)

;) :P

Oh the Comedy ;)

*yawns*

Loads funnier this week.

Really?

Yep!

I must have missed that, I've not laughed once in 25 minutes.