I've just seen... Page 113

Quote: Nat Wicks @ January 16 2011, 12:26 PM GMT

Oh Dan in Real Life was TERRIBLE.

It could have been so much better.

he's a great talent, but I can't think of a great comedy film from the us in yonks

i mean land of the lost was kinda fun

Quote: sootyj @ January 16 2011, 12:30 PM GMT

he's a great talent, but I can't think of a great comedy film from the us in yonks

i mean land of the lost was kinda fun

Superbad was good. Does Scott Pilgrim count? Because that was brilliant.

Quote: Griff @ January 16 2011, 12:32 PM GMT

I don't go to the pictures (or watch films on DVD) very often - I'm more a TV series watcher. But the last US film comedy I enjoyed was probably The Hangover and that was merely good not great. I think the one I fell head-over-heels in love with was Napoleon Dynamite in 2004.

Dynamite was great; I was a bit dissapointed by The Hangover. It was good, but not as good, to my mind, as it was made out to be.

Scott Pilgrim was great, as was Kick Ass. The Hangover was pretty weak though.

Get Him to The Greek was really good.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ January 16 2011, 12:36 PM GMT

Get Him to The Greek was really good.

Oh, I watched the other one recently, Forgetting Sarah Marshall; any snippet with Brand in was good, the rest was weak.

I tried to watch 'The Other Guys recently; to my shock and surprise, I had to turn it off half way through. I then deleted it from my laptop.

Hangover was fun
Napoleon was aces butthat's a while ago now?

scott Pilgrim looked terrible, worth seein on PPV?

kickass meh, some good lines but not really a comedy or as good as the comic. Was to sadistic and violent to be truly funny

Quote: sootyj @ January 16 2011, 12:39 PM GMT

scott Pilgrim looked terrible, worth seein on PPV?

Pilgrim was brilliant; another winner from Edgar Wright.

Two comedy films coming up that I'm interested in seeing are 'Paul' (Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Director of Superbad) and 'Your Highness'(Danny McBride, James Franco).

Quote: Griff @ January 16 2011, 12:37 PM GMT

To be honest I can't really be arsed with films, as TV is so good nowadays. I'd rather watch Mad Men or Peep Show than pretty much anything released in the cinema.

Really looking forward to Sky Atlantic - or whatever it is called!

I'd say US TV comedy is still going strong,

But the cinematics is either over real or over romantic

wait Toy story 3 was very funny and also sorta terrifying

Your Highness trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vAbIio5N2M

Magic . . . . Mother f**ker.

Quote: Griff @ January 16 2011, 12:37 PM GMT

To be honest I can't really be arsed with films, as TV is so good nowadays. I'd rather watch Mad Men or Peep Show than pretty much anything released in the cinema.

I've become more disillusioned with films in the past few years. There's nothing to get excited about anymore. CGI is shit-cakes, 3D is annoying. British cinema is uninspired and everything copies everything else.

Quote: sootyj @ January 16 2011, 12:44 PM GMT

I'd say US TV comedy is still going strong,

More than strong; 30 Rock, Eastbound And Down, Parks And Recreation, Venture Brothers, Community, Big Bang, Louie, Better Off Ted, and so on; there's been a ton of great comedy on TV over there in the last year.