Ever seen a comedian die on stage?

If you have was it anyone famous. I always feel really bad for them. It's just painfull

While at the height of his powers, Bob Monkhouse did a set at the Comedy Store to continual chants of 'F**k off, Monkhouse!'

Tommy Cooper took it too far.

I wouldn't feel too bad for them. Any comedian worth their salt will shake off the bad feeling by either:

a) Dismissing you as a shitty audience.
b) Getting to work on some better material.

In ya face, Griff! :D

Quote: Griff @ December 15 2010, 5:18 PM GMT

It was...... Shane Ritchie.

Pity he didn't take the hint really....

He reached for the Stars & now he's Alfie Moon
I'd like to think that every thread on here could have a moral like that.

I saw Matt Lucas (giving his Sir Bernard Chumley) get heckled, booed, then ignored and talked over by the audience during his half-hour set at a Med School Union comedy night once. He certainly died a death, though gamely ploughed on pretty much all the way to the end. This was after he had found fame as George Dawes on Shooting Stars as well...

Maybe me compère-ing the gig didn't do him any favours. Errr

Ha!
I never really liked that character.

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 15 2010, 11:34 PM GMT

Maybe me compère-ing the gig didn't do him any favours. Errr

Did you compère him to a summer's gay?

(Do you get it?)

Laughing out loud

Yes I get it, Ronnie...

Isn't it a little gauche to Laughing out loud at one's own material?

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 16 2010, 12:09 AM GMT

Yes I get it, Ronnie...

Isn't it a little gauche to Laughing out loud at one's own material?

It is actually.

But I do it in the (usually vain) hope it'll prove infectious. :(

Quote: Leevil @ December 15 2010, 5:01 PM GMT

Tommy Cooper took it too far.

Two posts in - you're getting slack.

I saw Paul Shane (of Hi-de-Hi! fame) die on his feet at a working man's club - probably in the early 1970s.
He told a joke about a dancing duck that went on forever. People started shouting 'get off' and eventually the compere said to him 'come off lad, nobody's listening' and he walked off stage very embarrassed.
I was just a young un myself then and was embarrassed for him.

A friend of mine had a short foray into the standup world - I went with him one night and he did a ten minute set to absolute silence apart from the odd embarrassed cough. I actually had to leave the room because it was too painful to watch. His act was actually very similar to this guy's. Ohhhhhhhh deary deary me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riOcI2NEu6E