The Sitcom Mission 2011 Page 5

Hello peeps.

I can't see it mentioned anywhere - but what sort of cast are we looking at in terms of number and gender?

I only have 5 people in my script, but 4 of them are women. I suppose I could always go for the bloke-in-drag routine.

Cheers.

Quote: joebloggs69 @ December 4 2010, 9:55 PM GMT

Hello peeps.

I can't see it mentioned anywhere - but what sort of cast are we looking at in terms of number and gender?

I only have 5 people in my script, but 4 of them are women. I suppose I could always go for the bloke-in-drag routine.

Cheers.

Go for that,

Quote: joebloggs69 @ December 4 2010, 9:55 PM GMT

Hello peeps.

Cheers.

In terms of number, in the previous Sitcom Mission live shows there were sitcoms with seven cast members and others had four. I don't think there's a strict upper limit but obviously the more cast you have, the less time they each have to speak and the less the audience can learn about them.

In terms of gender, I don't think it matters. If you're setting it in a female prison then it'll all be women; if you're setting it in a 1930's coal mine then it'll most likely be all blokes. Depends on your sitcom.

This is a bit random, but I was writing a scene with a bed in. HOWEVER I just read the awkward props info. But I realised that the characters involved only stay in one dress, and ONLY appear together. Is that more workable?

Quote: BardManners @ December 7 2010, 9:35 PM GMT

This is a bit random, but I was writing a scene with a bed in. HOWEVER I just read the awkward props info. But I realised that the characters involved only stay in one dress, and ONLY appear together. Is that more workable?

I've read and re-read this and I'm not 100% sure what you mean.

Your characters stay in one dress? As in... they're sharing one enormous dress? I dunno.

Whatever the case, it's unlikely there'll be a bed to use at the theatre, so your characters will probably have to sit on the floor or some chairs pushed together and the audience will have to pretend that it's a bed.

Yes, it will look a bit odd but if it's written well then the audience should be able to quickly realise your characters are in a bed. Just don't have one of the characters say something like "Aaahhh, what a comfortable bed this is!" Just... don't...

They could just lie on the stage with a duvet on them both etc. The audience has a good imagination

You want the audience to be able to see your actors, anything you do that might stop some from seeing them properly is a bad idea.

Quote: chipolata @ December 8 2010, 11:03 PM GMT

Unless they're ugly actors. Nobody wants to see that on stage.

Especially in a bed :D

:D

Yes sorry was not a well written post.

I meant that none of characters have a costume change.

A make believe bed suits me, as long as it's workable.

They could be having sex on the settee LOL

Hi, Please forgive this question if it sounds like a stupid one, However, I don't have any script writting software, Is it possible to format it through Word?

Thanks.

Quote: Tom Hond @ December 11 2010, 9:37 PM GMT

Hi, Please forgive this question if it sounds like a stupid one, However, I don't have any script writting software, Is it possible to format it through Word?

Thanks.

I'm just typing it laid out clearly. You don't need script writing software.

I do mine on a Word doc as I don't understand the scriptware

Quote: Tom Hond @ December 11 2010, 9:37 PM GMT

Thanks.

If your keyboard has keys such as the space bar, then yes.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 12 2010, 2:25 PM GMT

If your keyboard has keys such as the space bar, then yes.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud ;) ;)