Another corny joke... Page 2

Quote: bushbaby @ October 21 2010, 11:40 PM BST

It means and so is his wife

I'm assuming that this is some sort of private joke.

Quote: Not Dave Gorman @ October 22 2010, 9:38 AM BST

I'm assuming that this is some sort of private joke.

Yes. Private only to those few people who have ever watched Sparticus or Life of Brian.

Quote: Will Cam @ October 22 2010, 1:26 PM BST

Yes. Private only to those few people who have ever watched Sparticus or Life of Brian.

Oh THAT Roodeye. The Spartacus and Life Of Brian Roodeye. He was in both films right? I remember now - big guy; big bushy beard. Looked like Billy Connelly. I feel really stupid now.

Seriously though, I have no idea who you're talking about.

Have you not seen The Life of Brian. When they're on the crosses a man and says...'I'm Brian and so is my wife'

Another one says...'I'm Jewish and demand to be crucified in a Jewish section'
hahaha

Quote: bushbaby @ October 22 2010, 3:38 PM BST

Have you not seen The Life of Brian. When they're on the crosses a man and says...'I'm Brian and so is my wife'

I have, many times, but it was the Roodeye reference I was questioning. To be honest, I've sort of lost interest now.

Roodeye was a previous member
There were suspicions that Ming was the same person.
and as you know you got dragged into the speculation.

I was thinking of changing it to:

Do you reckon the Queen watches telly? I really hope she watches EastEnders sometime soon to see that painful acting..

Queen voice: Chives. Come hither.
Butler voice: Yes, your majesty?
Queen voice: You see that 'Ben' boy on the television?
Butler voice: Yes, your majesty.
Queen voice: I want him to have a horrific accident. Do you understand me? I want him killed.

And do a better job than you did with Di.

Why is he called Chives?

The first butler name that popped into my head I guess :D

Quote: Nat Wicks @ October 22 2010, 5:25 PM BST

Why is he called Chives?

Because he knows his onions?

I mean, is that an actal name? Kinda distracts. You'd want something generic like Jeeves.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ October 22 2010, 6:25 PM BST

I mean, is that an actal name? Kinda distracts. You'd want something generic like Jeeves.

'Chives' is an actual, real, honest-to-goodness, genuine name but, as you say, it's a distraction.

I agree 'Jeeves' is more genericly butlerish but perhaps Juan wanted something less familiar.

Would he (and you) settle for 'Jives'?

Hmm.. Well yeah I was going to use Jeeves but then it seemed a bit over used.. Guess I could use Jeeves. Or Jives. But wait is Jives a name? Im confused. :P

No. It's a dance.

I thought it was a type of bunny