Ideal - Series 6 Page 3

Starts tonight! :D Must try to remember.

I've never really though much of this, but tonight it's got Sean Lock in, doing acting. And I like him when he's doing that. And Janeane Garofalo from Larry Sanders is a new regular.

Am I missing out? Should I give it a go, or what?

If you watched it before and didn't like it, why do you think you would now?

Quote: Nil Putters @ August 17 2010, 2:17 PM BST

If you watched it before and didn't like it, why do you think you would now?

Dunno. Maybe I was in a dumb mood when I watched it before. Come to think of it, I can't even recall If I've seen a whole ep.

I'll have to give it a go to see Sean Lock.

Quote: Nil Putters @ August 6 2010, 3:35 PM BST

They get better, but you should start at the beginning to see the characters develop.

;)

It's one of the best comedies I've seen in a long time, great writing..looking forward to the new series!
It definitely gets better as it goes along, series 1 was good still but prefer the later series, the weirder it gets the better! I like series 3 and 4 best.

Not sure about Sean Lock being in it; what I like is that I didn't know who the actors were in it (bar Johnny Vegas) which makes the characters believeable. I've seen Sean in lots of things on TV, he seems too well known to be in it but I'll watch and see anyway...

He (Sean Lock) was good in his own sitcom, 15 Storeys High, so he should be ok in this.

Watched this for the first time last night (I'm assuming new series).

I really didn't know what to expect so was quite shocked. Not my thing at all, and just found it weird.

If you haven't seen any series before, you probably need to start with series 1, since the characters and set up changes. And they're only about a fiver a series now, so a bargain.

Personally, I like the show, but it rarely makes me laugh. But it has something that has me coming back for more. I just can't quite define what that something is.

Just watched the latest episode. A little slow, but at least Garofalo didn't make an appearance until the preview of net week's episode. Hopefully she'll get the axe soonish.

It was good, although by far the funniest part was Johnny Vegas's attempt at an accent.

I absolutely love ideal series 1-5...It's not the best start to the new series...hoping and praying it gets better, been looking forward to it for ages... Teary ....needs some of that old magic...maybe some necrophilia or seeing Brian turning up with a string of new boyfriends like the time he turned up with the conjoined twins but was only going out with 1 of them. Fantastic writing Laughing out loud

I'm catching up with Ideal on iPlayer.
The 2nd episode was far better than the 1st, seemed more back to normal.
Just about to watch episode 3 now.

Janeane Garofalo has ruined the series! She can't act, she is not funny and is bring the show down.

Of all the people to pick, why did they pick this crappy yank?

Huh?