Ideal - Series 6

According to Ben Crompton's (Colin) sister on Facebook, Ideal starting May 11th. Has anyone has heard this to confirm?

Quote: matt insley @ May 4 2010, 2:34 AM BST

According to Ben Crompton's (He plays Colin) sister on Facebook, Ideal starting May 11th. Has anyone has heard this to confirm?

Er... it is due soon, but not that soon. It's definitely not starting on May 11th. Keep an eye on our coming soon list because the moment the schedule date is announced it'll be added to our site.

Quote: matt insley @ May 4 2010, 2:34 AM BST

According to Ben Crompton's (Colin) sister on Facebook, Ideal starting May 11th. Has anyone has heard this to confirm?

Errr, check the year. :)

According to the schedule, it says it's coming this season. Knowing the BBC they will keep pushing it back though.

The riff that Psycho Paul does in the flat should be released as a single.

It was absolutely brilliant.

Quote: Alcervic @ May 12 2010, 10:54 PM BST

The riff that Psycho Paul does in the flat should be released as a single.

It was absolutely brilliant.

Hi. Welcome to the site. I love Ideal's musical interludes, I hope they do more in the new series!

Hi Hi

Bad attempt at Brian's signature greeting.

I catch the show on IFC. Although I' not that fluent on all comedies from the former homeland.
For me this one can stand against the greats like Monty and Fawlty Towers.

Cheers

From Graham Duff on the Ideal forums:

I just thought I'd let you know that we've just been given a transmission date for Ideal 6. Episode 1 goes out on BBC 3 on Tuesday August 17th at 10.30pm.

Although it's great news the show is going to air so soon, the date has been suddenly sprung on us, leaving us very little time to do proper publicity - all the monthly publications having already gone to press etc. So I'd be grateful if you could help spread the word on the forum.

Also, a couple of weeks ago Johnny and I recorded the links for a special half hour Ideal Out-takes show, which will be broadcast on BBC3 sometime during the new series' debut run. In related news, there will be several special on-line features coming up in the lead up to transmission. These include the usual trailers, plus a couple of special documentaries, a guide to all previous 5 series in 2 minutes and quite a few other bits and pieces.

You may already have this information - as the forum seems to be able to get their hands on most things Ideal related - but here's the list of series 6 episodes.

The Homecoming
The American
The Kill
The Poster
The Lapse
The Accident
The Ear
The Housewarming

Like I say, any help in spreading the word would be most appreciated.

All the best

Graham

So, it looks like Ideal starts very soon!!!!!

Great news, can't wait for this fantastic series to return.

Quote: matt insley @ August 6 2010, 7:15 AM BST

but here's the list of series 6 episodes.

The Homecoming
The American
The Kill
The Poster
The Lapse
The Accident
The Ear
The Housewarming

*counts* Eh?

Love this show.

The best comedy that no one seems to have heard of!...

Quote: Nil Putters @ August 6 2010, 8:01 AM BST

*counts* Eh?

Not six episodes, series six episodes.

Oh yes. :$ Guess I should read more carefully. :P

Looks like BBC Three have overruled Mr Duff; they're publicising the first episode under the title The Business.

I've never seen this comedy before but just watched the first episode and I thought it was quite good.
Are the earlier series considered the best or do they get better as it goes on?