Will you be buying Tony Blair's book?

I for one have absolutely no interest what-so-ever in any thing that Blair has to say. I will not buy this book and I won't read any extracts in papers etc. I think there should be a bar on politicians selling their parliamentary stories.

No. Who cares about the words of a compulsive dissmebler who doesn't seem to know when he's being honest with himself.

Nor me, but I'm sure Aaron will lend us his copy when he's finished.?

No.

Quote: Will Cam @ September 2 2010, 11:14 PM BST

I think there should be a bar on politicians selling their parliamentary stories.

He's giving all his earnings to charity, so why worry about it?

I'll probably pick it up at the library one of these days. I doubt it'll be a big deal over here. I may have to wait a few months before Bush's book cools down; he's pretty popular here in Texas.

Just checked the local library system and it looks like there's a long wait for Blair's book, too.

Well, he's been all over American television. That said, I have no real interest in reading it.

Quote: DaButt @ September 3 2010, 12:04 AM BST

I'll probably pick it up at the library one of these days. I doubt it'll be a big deal over here. I may have to wait a few months before Bush's book cools down; he's pretty popular here in Texas.

Just checked the local library system and it looks like there's a long wait for Blair's book, too.

Because he's using the publicity to make more money from his lecture tours?

Quote: sootyj @ September 3 2010, 7:44 AM BST

Because he's using the publicity to make more money from his lecture tours?

So?

No.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 3 2010, 8:42 AM BST

So?

it means the donation is apublicity gimmick more than anything

Quote: DaButt @ September 3 2010, 12:04 AM BST

He's not giving ALL the money from the book to charity at all, he's giving some to the British Legion to appease his guilty conscience and to give his book a bit more publicity/legitimacy.

I'd urge anyone considering buying it to boycott it and give some money directly to the British Legion instead.

Quote: sootyj @ September 3 2010, 9:26 AM BST

it means the donation is apublicity gimmick more than anything

So cynical, Sooty!

A donation is a donation, and it'll be a hefty one at that, so that can only be a good thing. Unless it's a hefty donation towards the 'Dropping Cats In Bins Foundation'.

No, I won't be reading or buying the book.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 3 2010, 9:38 AM BST

So cynical, Sooty!

A donation is a donation, and it'll be a hefty one at that, so that can only be a good thing. Unless it's a hefty donation towards the 'Dropping Cats In Bins Foundation'.

No, I won't be reading or buying the book.

Interestingly Mein Kampf is still on sale and has made profits in the 10s of millions.

But no charity or relative of Hitler will accept the funds.

I may see if I can claim them on behalf of world Jewry.

Us cynics are rarely wrong

Cynic is just another word for realist.

I've no interest in all the political mumbo jumbo. Get enough of that on the news.

I just want to know about the mad sex romps with David Miliband and the all night orgies with celebrities and Maggie Thatcher.

I can imagine being bored by it. Saying that I read Cliff Richard's and it was pretty good. So I guess anything is possible.