Charity do near Manchester

My sister is organising a charity evening for Marie Curie and it will revolve mainly around a quiz and raffle (calm yourselves, I can tell you're giddy). We've managed to get some free tickets of various comedians donated as prizes (John Bishop being the only one I can recall off top of my head) and we've also got some donated gear from Football clubs and companies, but what would really make it a good night would be if we could get someone funny to host it. Have any of you any suggestions? Is anyone likely to come and do a small charity event in a social club for about 80-100 people?

What's the date?

You should be able to get someone but you'll probably have to at least pay expenses to get anyone half decent.

Quote: Tony Cowards @ July 23 2010, 3:38 PM BST

What's the date?

You should be able to get someone but you'll probably have to at least pay expenses to get anyone half decent.

Fri 27th Aug, I'll drive them to and from myself if I have to! What should be my next step?

I've just been told that Dave Spikey is out of the country that date and I tried tweeting a couple of others but my message will just get lost amongst all the other drivel they must receive.

I've not got anyone yet but I've been pleasantly surprised by how nice some of them have been, both Justin Moorhouse and John Bishop have offered tickets to their gigs as prizes, one of which will be chauffeur driven there and back and have a free meal thrown in! Top lads.