Sketch Writing Opp

Just got this in my inbox, may be of interest:

Be a part of 24:7's first ever Comedy Sketch Night!

24:7 is looking for NEW comedy sketches.

Sketches must be original, no longer than 5 minutes and all your own work. They must be in a sketch format, NOT stand up. The usual 24:7 rules apply: minimal set, minimal props and no budget!

Email your scripts to: gemma@247theatrefestival.co.uk by 9am on Monday 19th July. There is no submission fee.
All entries will be considered and writers of the ten selected scripts informed on Saturday 24th July. http://www.247theatrefestival.co.uk/

Cheers Michael.

I'm kind of confused if its a one off, or part of a thing that happens every year. It's part of After Hours, isn't it?

It says it's the first one.

Cheers for posting Michael!

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ July 15 2010, 11:15 AM BST

Email your scripts to: gemma@247theatrefestival.co.uk by 9am on Monday 19th July. There is no submission fee.

Why thank you 247! Rolling eyes

Quote: David Bussell @ July 15 2010, 2:40 PM BST

It says it's the first one.

No, I can read David! I meant is After Hours on every year-the thing that it's part of? Don't worry if don't know the answer.

All I know is what I posted! I signed up for these fellows' newsletter ages ago and this is the first time they've asked for comedy.

Cheers for that Michael.

Do they want the winning writers to arrange the performances though?

"All entries will be considered and writers of the ten selected scripts informed on Saturday 24th July. You'll assemble your extensive and talented company and perform After Hours at 10:30pm the following Saturday 31st July."

That would count me out.. Ha ha, yes - like that would be the only reason...

If they are not charging a submission fee, how can I be sure I'll get ripped off??? Huh?

Quote: Frankie Rage @ July 17 2010, 11:21 AM BST

If they are not charging a submission fee, how can I be sure I'll get ripped off??? Huh?

Its a risk you're just going to have to take :P

I'm sure it's supposed to be: "We'll assemble our extensive and talented company and perform After Hours at 10:30pm the following Saturday 31st July.

Some ideas about what range of actors they had would have helped, but oh well, I'll send a range of things in.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ July 17 2010, 11:21 AM BST

Best post ever. Laughing out loud

Quote: Henrik Bengtsson @ July 17 2010, 4:53 PM BST

Best post ever. Laughing out loud

Best read all my 17,000+ posts before making rash statements like that!

Quote: chipolata @ July 17 2010, 8:27 PM BST

Best read all my 17,000+ posts before making rash statements like that!

No need Chipoolata. I love his intense bitterness, you're not that bitter. ;)