Do you call yourself a writer? Page 6

I do hope not.

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ July 14 2010, 1:10 PM BST

Also, on one of my other websites, I sell a lot of non-fiction ebooks (mostly about web business related stuff) that I have written.

To be fair, Mikey, they're self published books put on your own website. I wouldn't necessarily say that was difficult to achieve.

Quote: Ben @ July 14 2010, 3:54 PM BST

To be fair, Mikey, they're self published books put on your own website. I wouldn't necessarily say that was difficult to achieve.

If he's making money he's making money, right?

Personally, I don't know how a writer with no major credit goes about making money through a personal website - I wouldn't even believe it were possible in fact - but Mikey's out there proving me wrong!

I know someone through uni who makes a living wage just by writing blogs, and selling ebooks about how to earn a living writing blogs!

Quote: zooo @ July 14 2010, 4:04 PM BST

I know someone through uni who makes a living wage just by writing blogs, and selling ebooks about how to earn a living writing blogs!

I hope you give them a slap every now and again.

Heh! I would but she's too nice, unfortunately.

Simple to achieve. But people buy them. So thus I make a lot of my income out of writing. :)

Personally, I don't know how a writer with no major credit goes about making money through a personal website - I wouldn't even believe it were possible in fact - but Mikey's out there proving me wrong!

Firstly, you need to get the website high in the search engines.
Luckily I've written an ebook on how to get high in the search engines.
Once you're "seen" in searches, people will find you and hire you. :)

There's not just TV and radio, you know.
There's web content, articles, greeting cards, even speeches!

Can you give us a link please?

How exactly do they make a living through blogs? Is it linked to adverts or something?

Oh all sorts. I'll try to find a link.

Here she be http://www.aliventures.com/shop/

Quote: zooo @ July 14 2010, 6:33 PM BST

Oh all sorts. I'll try to find a link.

Here she be http://www.aliventures.com/shop/

Thanks.
So does she make anything from the blog itself, aside from selling the books?

I hope the book she sells doesn't simply say 'set up a blog and sell books telling people to set up a blog and sell books...'.

Ha, no. She gets paid to write one-off blog entries for other people.

I did that a few times a year or so back, but got paid so little I couldn't be bothered. But if you target the right people, and can write quickly, then it's easy money.

Quote: zooo @ July 14 2010, 7:05 PM BST

I did that a few times a year or so back, but got paid so little I couldn't be bothered.

Were you filling in for Belle du Jour?

Quote: Ben @ July 14 2010, 7:54 PM BST

Were you filling in Belle du Jour?

That's a cheeky question.

Quote: sootyj @ July 14 2010, 7:56 PM BST

That's a cheeky question.

It was rather fruity.