Green Wing

Does anyone (like me) think it's not that good?

I've never really liked it and thought a lot of the comedy in it is OTT.

I didn't when I first saw it but then I watched it all and loved it. It's pretty much a sketch show with a plot. I think theres a whole section for Green Wing but never mind.

I still think it's brilliant. I love Michelle Gomez, Pippa Heywood, Mark Heap etc.

Yes - it is really a sketch show but I just find the characters so funny.

I love it :) The actors definitely make it what it is

Love it.

Didn't like it at first, but somehow tuned my mind into it and ending up becoming a little bit obsessed.

I love it. It's clever, witty, surreal and was a breath of fresh air.

I think it divides a lot of people because it's 'high concept' comedy. It's not a traditional 30 minute canned laughter with the familiar joke setups. Much like The Office.

I agree with Nicholas, I could never get into it. And the episodes were way too long. Self-indulgent twaddle.

I love Sarah Alexander, I have a thing for her. I really like Green Wing, have seen most of them and thought every one was pretty funny. Michelle Gomez is great so is Pippa. It is a little long but if its funny so what.

Another "Marmite" maybe?

But I do love it. Mainly because it is so stupid.

I will watch and enjoy anything with Mark Heap in it. There, I've said it.

The strength of Green Wing is that very different people can enjoy it, because there's something in it for everyone. Some like the random sketch bits, some like the characters, or the running gags, or the visual comedy, some watch it because they want to see a wedding at the end. It's a bit like a bag of gummy bears. And as there are no blue gummy bears, there will be some form of comedy missing in Green Wing and therefore some people who won't find in it what they're looking for.

I liked pretty much all of it.

Oh Mann, I really do miss Green Wing.

I think it's the way British comedy will eventually go in pushing the boundaries. There is, indeed, something for everyone, it had an army of writers under the control of a the people concerned with plot. Its style was innovative (the fast-forwarding and slowing-down of time must have been inspired by someoone who's a fan of 'Donny Darko') and helped pace the comedy.

Overall, it was very funny, silly and throwaway (no bad thing), especially the first series. Oh, and Mark Heap is brilliant. (Think I've mentioned this before.)

Fair play.

I really meant that Brit comedy is starting to go the way of US writing sometimes, with a big team of writers for each episode and series. Whether or not really 3-D characters come out of commitee, well...?

Episodes were fine IMO. Not for everyone I guess though.

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 1, 2007, 10:57 PM

Fair play.

I really meant that Brit comedy is starting to go the way of US writing sometimes, with a big team of writers for each episode and series. Whether or not really 3-D characters come out of commitee, well...?

I think committe led shows can lead to 3D characters. I assume Cheers, Frasier, and Larry Sanders were all written by a pool of writers. And all those shows feature fully realised characters we care a great deal about. There is, of course, a lot of pap written by committees, featuring paper thin characters. But there's also alot of pap written by solo writers, featuring paper thin characters.