Why is 'A Fish Called Wanda' funny? Page 4

Blues Brothers isn't the funniest film, but it's still a great one. Excellent music, fun story and characters I enjoy seeing.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ June 10 2010, 1:08 PM BST

Ker-tish! Joke #11 from Aaron's slim joke fund (adopts Lotto voice) appearing for the third time on this forum and a variant of prison-rape-syndrome slang where men are feminised for degrading and controlling purposes.

You love it. Anyway, shouldn't you be in America spending Stott's money?

Apologies to the original poster if he is not actually a spammer. His post initially looked like one.

Um, ok. I'll be honest, I didn't even know what a spammer was until I just looked it up on Wikipedia which informs me: "Forum spam is the creating of messages that are advertisements, abusive, or otherwise unwanted on Internet forums."

Not entirely sure how my opinion on a film has come to be that but ok?

Thanks for the warm welcome ;)

*runs off crying*

Don't mind Godot. He's just annoyed that Taxis have a bad rep at the moment.

Quote: Leevil @ June 10 2010, 1:52 PM BST

Don't mind Godot. He's just annoyed that Taxis have a bad rep at the moment.

Yeah. And nice Pixies reference, newcomer!

Quote: David Bussell @ June 10 2010, 2:04 PM BST

Yeah. And nice Pixies reference, newcomer!

Why thank you :D

Quote: digforfire @ June 10 2010, 11:03 AM BST

Going back to the original question, I'd have to say I find the film very funny.
It's worth watching just for the scene where Wanda visits Archie at his home, and his wife and daughter return. John Cleese's performance in that scene is fantastic! Laughing out loud

It wasn't his wife and daughter, but the people who owned the penthouse.

It actually happened to Cleese in real life, btw.

It wasn't the people who owned the penthouse, but the people who had arranged to rent the penthouse.

Quote: Dave @ June 11 2010, 9:42 PM BST

It wasn't his wife and daughter, but the people who owned the penthouse.

It actually happened to Cleese in real life, btw.

That bit is hilarious too, but the bit to which I was referring is when Wanda goes to Archie's house to seduce him and Otto sneaks in to make sure they don't go too far. John Cleese's facial expressions are priceless... That scene never fails to make me laugh :)

Otto's lines about the KGB and the safe house are terribly awkward viewing.

It's the funny bone, personally Wanda is good, Fierce Creatures shouldn't have been made. 4 Weddings funny?

This was a classic comedy film. Kevin Kline was brilliant.

Brilliant Ealing style comedy. Lots of Yorkshire Terriers died in the making of this film.

:D

It doesn't have to be funny. It's got Jamie Lee Curtis at her sexiest most gorgeous ever best!

You filthy sexist pig