The Red Planet Prize 2010

This year's competition is for an original 60 minute television script, either a single play or a pilot for a new series. You are initially required to submit the first ten pages along with a short synopsis. The full script should be available on request, you may be required to submit this within a month of the final closing date.
As before, the winner will receive £5000, a script commission and the option of representation if required.
Red Planet and Kudos will also mentor finalists for the Prize.The competition is open to anyone within the UK. The RED PLANET PRIZE with close to new entrants at midnight on 31st July.

http://www.redplanetpictures.co.uk/prize.php

Cheers Gavin. :)

Ta Gav

Dan

Are they looking specifically for drama or will they accept comedy-drama, perhaps a farce of sorts?

I've sent in a comedy drama pilot.

The synopsis part was a bit of a pain though... it says on the website 60 words, but when you go to write it in on the submission form it tells you 300 characters max.

It was a job conveying the information I wanted to in the available space (but also a very good writing exercise :) )

My entry is a comedy-drama, but with a little more emphasis on drama. It's quirky and tongue-in-cheek, rather than LOL. (More wit than gags)

I'll have a go at this. Thanks Gav.

(About time!)

So they're not interested in a full-on sitcom?

Quote: catskillz @ June 7 2010, 5:49 AM BST

No, I don't think so.

Quote: catskillz @ June 7 2010, 5:49 AM BST

I don't think they ever were. More of a drama production company.

If it's any help, their previous churn-out has included the likes of Life On Mars, Ashes To Ashes, Holby Blue, Hustle, etc.

Hustle wasn't a Red Planet Production, neither was Life on Mars or Ashes to Ashes if that helps further.

:D

Oh. I thought Tony Holland was Red.
And that those shows were co-produced with Kudos, with Holland having the idea and getting his buddies (Matthew Graham, Ashley Pharoah) involved.
There was a big interview online somewhere about how they came up with the idea of Life On Mars.

Or was Mr Holland telling porkies there?

Who is Mister Holland????

Oh you mean Jordan I guess.

lol Jordan then. :)

Don't know where I got Holland from.