I read the news today oh boy! Page 122

I think its filtering over here. More so for young boys than anyone else. I think for the video though, ginger'ness is supposed to be an arbitrary feature.

Quote: sootyj @ May 2 2010, 12:40 AM BST

We have nothing against redheads. We don't mind their short tempers, coniving natures and innability to lead the Libdems without a drink.

I certainly have no objection to the Scots.

Quote: sootyj @ May 2 2010, 12:16 AM BST

I dunno is genocide always a bad thing? For all we know those Tasmanian Aborigines might have been a right bunch of bell ends.

Laughing out loud

Quote: DaButt @ May 2 2010, 12:38 AM BST

Not that I've ever experienced, but I see references to it all the time in UK media.

What media is this? :S

Quote: Aaron @ May 2 2010, 1:53 AM BST

What media is this? :S

UK television and radio. Sitcoms, dramas, DJs, comedians, etc.

Wow.

http://www.thefrisky.com/post/246-quick-pic-mustache-ride-we-cant-get-behind/

Quote: DaButt @ May 2 2010, 2:03 AM BST

UK television and radio. Sitcoms, dramas, DJs, comedians, etc.

I don't watch an awful lot of drama, and I certainly don't listen to any DJs, but I'm really not aware of it in comedy to any extent. I can recall a few mentions of it in interviews with Catherine Tate, but only in so far as anecdotes, not jokes.

You probably don't even notice it, but it stands out to me as an outsider. The same way that I notice the frequent mentions of biscuits, crisps and sweets on UK shows; they just don't come up in conversation as much over here. I'm sure UK viewers notice the same kind of thing while watching American shows.

I agree Randy.

Quote: DaButt @ May 2 2010, 2:43 AM BST

The same way that I notice the frequent mentions of biscuits, crisps and sweets on UK shows;

Those are all euphemisms for a desire for degenerate and fetishistic sex.

I just heard an interview with the McCanns about their continued belief in God, and their belief that leaving Madeleine alone 70 yards away was completely safe. Belief is a funny thing.

Quote: DaButt @ May 2 2010, 2:43 AM BST

You probably don't even notice it, but it stands out to me as an outsider. The same way that I notice the frequent mentions of biscuits, crisps and sweets on UK shows; they just don't come up in conversation as much over here. I'm sure UK viewers notice the same kind of thing while watching American shows.

I don't watch many US shows anymore so perhaps am a little sheltered in that respect, but don't recall noticing anything of the kind. And as for ginger jokes, I love to belittle the weird freakazoids so I'm not sure how I wouldn't notice them!

*shrug* Maybe we just watch different things.

Quote: Nogget @ May 2 2010, 7:58 AM BST

I just heard an interview with the McCanns about their continued belief in God, and their belief that leaving Madeleine alone 70 yards away was completely safe. Belief is a funny thing.

And the mother's belief that she'll never be found out.

Times Square car bomb: police investigate South Park link

Police in New York are investigating whether a car bomb in Times Square was targeted at the makers of South Park over a controversial depiction of the Prophet Mohammed.

The device, which failed to detonate, was left near the offices of Viacom, which owns the irreverent cartoon series.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/7668606/Times-Square-car-bomb-police-investigate-South-Park-link.html

Ha! Flipping nutbars.

Oh for god's sake. F**k off you absolute psychopaths.

It could still turn out to be a white, American nutcase.