I read the news today oh boy! Page 121

Just alround crap. I dunno in my day you had to be able to atleast play a guitar badly or shout or something.

This is just a rubbish song with a rubbish video to make a stupid point.

Is she doing Brown's next election broadcast?

N.B. she's Tamil. You'd think after 20 years of mutual ethnically cleansing she'd have something less stupid and cliched to say on the subject.

Quote: sootyj @ May 1 2010, 11:43 PM BST

This is just a rubbish song with a rubbish video to make a stupid point.

I agree; I wish I could have those 9 minutes of my time back.

I don't think condemning genocide is a "stupid point". Replacing browns with gingers may be a bit easy, but it gets the point across in a way that its intended audience will understand.

It's also a very well-made video.

I dunno is genocide always a bad thing? For all we know those Tasmanian Aborigines might have been a right bunch of bell ends.

And it's a really awful video badly made.

And gingers as blacks is an idiotic point. Coming from some one who's people have been invovled in mutual genocide it's sub moronic.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ May 2 2010, 12:13 AM BST

I don't think condemning genocide is a "stupid point". Replacing browns with gingers may be a bit easy, but it gets the point across in a way that its intended audience will understand.

It's also a very well-made video.

Why set it in the United States? There's no genocide here and redheads here don't have nearly the same stigma as in the UK.

And the effects and acting are crap.

Erm Native Americans? I mean for a couple of years it was legal to kill Mormons (and in effect Chinese people as well).

Quote: sootyj @ May 2 2010, 12:23 AM BST

Erm Native Americans?

Damn you Europeans for coming over here and doing that to those poor people. Angry

Quote: DaButt @ May 2 2010, 12:19 AM BST

Why set it in the United States? There's no genocide here and redheads here don't have nearly the same stigma as in the UK.

Obviously it was set in the US precisely because there's no genocide there. The idea of the video was to relate a problem traditionally associated with being foreign and ethnic to an entirely Caucasian affliction.

The "stigma" of being ginger is, I agree, a little less pronounced in the US vs UK, but it's still there in a big way. You may recall that a ginger revolt was the entire plot of South Park episodes 200 and 201.

Hey bud 1776 remember? Everything after that is American.

Delighted it looks like I'm going to hit 20,000 posts having 4 diferent arguments.

It started before 1776 with those nifty smallpox blankets. But Americans have certainly carried on with the tradition.

The video came off a bit self-righteous and insincere to me.

We should have just poisoned the tea.

Quote: funsponge @ May 2 2010, 12:33 AM BST

The video came off a bit self-righteous and insincere to me.

Ditto to me, with the added point that it's a terrible song.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ May 2 2010, 12:27 AM BST

The "stigma" of being ginger is, I agree, a little less pronounced in the US vs UK, but it's still there in a big way.

Not that I've ever experienced, but I see references to it all the time in UK media. A lot of guys I know while profess to having a penchant for redheads and many, many American women dye their hair various shades of red.

We have nothing against redheads. We don't mind their short tempers, coniving natures and innability to lead the Libdems without a drink.

Quote: sootyj @ May 2 2010, 12:40 AM BST

We have nothing against redheads. We don't mind their short tempers, coniving natures and innability to lead the Libdems without a drink.

Laughing out loud