The Vicar of dibley Series Overview

HI

I don't know if anybody agress but i think that the vicar of dibley is the funniest thing on uktv gold and the bbc it has lines that even if you watch before you can still find funny Does anyone have a favourite Vicar of Dibley
episode ?

I love them all really, but the episode with the service for animals is one of favourites. :D

I like the 2004 christmas special i think that was funny.

Does no one like The Vicar of Dibley ?

Yes, lot's of people. Most of them are not on the board right now because they are busy working.

Speaking of which ....

Quote: jamie jones @ October 22, 2007, 12:16 PM

Don't no one like The Vicar of Dibley ?

Laughing out loud

Do you drink Jamie? There has to be some explanation?

I took today off because i am getting ready to go

on hoilday

Quote: Leevil @ October 22, 2007, 12:21 PM

Laughing out loud

Do you drink Jamie? There has to be some explanation?

He typed in "Does one not like The Vicar of Dibley", but then the forums middle class prat filter kicked in.

Laughing out loud

Quote: Rick Skelton @ October 22, 2007, 12:20 PM

Yes, lot's of people. Most of them are not on the board right now because they are busy working.

Speaking of which ....

;)

England

I heard there might be a spin-off from The Vicar of Dibley

Quote: jamie jones @ October 22, 2007, 1:28 PM

;)
I heard there might be a spin-off from The Vicar of Dibley

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/1668#16396

If this is being filmed I want commission!

Dan

The 2004 Christmas special was awful! Remember when she jumped into the chocolate fountain thing? Oh dear, oh dear. And when she did Mass while drunk? Richard Curtis was quoted as saying about the special, "There's some moments I hope you'll remember." It's just a bit too contrived for me.

It seems to me that Richard Curtis has based the Dibley Christmas specials on Fools and Horses. After the Batman and Robin scene, we have Gereldine and Alice dressed in a Hallaween outfits etc Far too many cheap site gags for my liking. It's like when Mrs Cropley died - that was just a rip off of when Grandad died. It was Richard Curtis going, "Let's show them we can have a death and still be so talented we can make it funny. Liz Smith hasn't died in real life, but we can kill her off anyway."

The two 2006 Christmas specials however, were very well written, excellently crafted - and the first one in particular was sheer poetry.

Quote: Dave @ October 22, 2007, 4:27 PM

It's just a bit too contrived for me.

We all have to suspend our disbelief when watching Dibley, come on, a woman vicar?!! Laughing out loud

Quote: Leevil @ October 22, 2007, 4:38 PM

We all have to suspend our disbelief when watching Dibley, come on, a woman vicar?!! Laughing out loud

Absolutely!

As the Good Book tells us:
"Women should be silent in the church because it is not permitted for them to speak, but to be subject as also the law saith. But if they would learn anything, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is a shame for a woman to speak in the church." (1 Cor 14, 34.35)

I mean, that sayeth it all!

Revelations is some of the funniest prose around.