Dear Green Place - BBC1 Scotland only

Like Legit, this is only being shown in Scotland. This also had a pilot back in 2006 and was quite good. It stars Still Game actors Ford Kiernan and Paul Riley. It's on at 10.35 meaning for us Scots that Not Going out gets put back to 9.30 and Jonathan Ross is still on at 11.05.

From the BBC Press Office

Bafta Scotland award-winning Dear Green Place is back with a new six-part series set amongst the green green grass of Glasgow.

Taking a hilarious snapshot of life amongst the parkies, Dear Green Place shows the comical reality behind an innocent stroll in the park. From a bone idle horse to unrequited love – with illicit sex, condoms, boring lectures, divorce, necrophilia, gingies and scants in the graveyard along the way.

The two parkies featured in Dear Green Place – Riordin and McAllister – are played by Paul Riley and Paul Blair; and Mr Henderson, the park keeper by Ford Kiernan.

Wallace and Woody, the two junior parkies, by Martin Docherty and Johnny Austin; stable girl Michelle, and cafe assistant Tina, by River City stars Jenny Ryan and Carmen Pieraccini respectively. The park lecturer Martin Toner is played by Michael MacKenzie.

Looking forward to it.
:) Scotland

It's good, I preferred it to Legit. I'm assuming the pilot will be shown first.

My wifes cousin is Paul Riley. I should really send him my latest script!!!

should be interesting

whens it coming on??

Friday 19th October 10:35pm BBC1 Scotland. I'll try and remember this!

lol, so is it the pilot episode first? i havent seen it

Thanks once again Jazza. You're a TV beacon for us exiled Scots Cool

i dont think it is a new series starting i had a look in the tv guide and it says: Dear green place 1 of 3 new comedy piolets, maybe its wrong i dont know :S

Quote: Andrew22k @ October 18, 2007, 11:28 AM

i dont think it is a new series starting i had a look in the tv guide and it says: Dear green place 1 of 3 new comedy piolets, maybe its wrong i dont know :S

The source you got it from must have taken the info from last year when there was three pilot screenings. Dear Green Place, In Voluntary and Legit. It is lazy journalism.

The above info from my first post was from September 2007 and it says there is a six-part series. So don't worry this is a full series.

And I think it will be like Legit, with the pilot on first, since the advert for it had clips from the pilot.

Quote: Jazza @ October 18, 2007, 11:50 AM

The above info from my first post was from September 2007 and it says there is a six-part series. So don't worry this is a full series.

Yes, as far as I'm aware there is a new six part series of this comedy on the way, it starts next month.

The confusion is, correct me if I'm wrong, there was actually two pilot episodes of Dear Green Place made and broadcast last year - Rocksalt and Sorry.

These are being repeated again in the run up to the new series which, if my maths are right, means the new six part series starts Friday 2nd November.

What annoys me is why the BBC thinks us southern viewers aren't interested in these comedies - I love Still Game.

Quote: Mark @ October 18, 2007, 3:48 PM

Yes, as far as I'm aware there is a new six part series of this comedy on the way, it starts next month.

The confusion is, correct me if I'm wrong, there was actually two pilot episodes of Dear Green Place made and broadcast last year - Rocksalt and Sorry.

These are being repeated again in the run up to the new series which, if my maths are right, means the new six part series starts Friday 2nd November.

What annoys me is why the BBC thinks us southern viewers aren't interested in these comedies - I love Still Game.

No i'm sure there was only one and it was Rocksalt. :)

Quote: Jazza @ October 18, 2007, 4:31 PM

No i'm sure there was only one and it was Rocksalt. :)

Really? Mmm... I'm confused. Next week's episode, Sorry (Friday 26th) is currently marked in all the TV feeds as being a repeat (but the week after is showing up as a new episode). Maybe someone at the BBC has labelled it wrong?

It doesn't help that I can't get BBC Scotland so am always on the backfoot a bit with the comedies shown only on there.

Ah, but I can. ;)

Why not subscribe to Sky? Make it a business expense. £15/mo or something ridiculous!

As for Scots only getting to see it, this is where cost cuts need to be made. Pointless extra regional programming. There should be little more than just a local news programme, maybe the odd local 'interest' show. Nothing more. *shakes fist*

Just a blatant bump for this thread/programme. I'm really looking forward to it.

PS Mods - it's not mentioned on the BSG home/news pages??? You did such a good job promoting Legit and Still Game S6, have you decided against doing the same for DGP?

My gf has a real problem seeing the Still Game actors as anything but old men, but I always liked Chewin The Fat, so I'm quite happy to see how this goes. Also good to read that there are some other upcoming offerings from BBC Jock/The Comedy Unit/Effingee

Link to BBC Scotland

Quote: Aaron @ October 18, 2007, 8:49 PM

Why not subscribe to Sky? £15/mo or something ridiculous!

I don't want to give Rupert any more of my money. Plus, if I get Sky bang goes what little productivity I did have!

Quote: Aljado @ October 19, 2007, 8:47 AM

it's not mentioned on the BSG home/news pages??? You did such a good job promoting Legit and Still Game S6, have you decided against doing the same for DGP?

Sorry, I just plain forgot about it. Sounds bad I know but BBC Scotland isn't on my schedule list - I really ought to add it.

I've now added the show to our preview of what is coming up tonight and will add it to that list of TV comedy on the front page as soon as the new episodes start.

I really do need to clear up this confusion about how many episodes are repeats though - anyone got any clues?

I recorded it, Mark. If you'd like a copy (for research purposes, obviously) drop me a PM.