Lost faith in new British Comedy? Page 3

He does inspire fanatical devotion. If he had any common sense then he'd start a cult.

You are full of good ideas today.

I'm selling them for £5 a time.

You'd best stop giving them to us for free then.

:D

What's he so happy about?

Quote: zooo @ October 13, 2007, 7:44 PM

You'd best stop giving them to us for free then.

We'll be made to pay at the meetup. Laughing out loud

And Casanova was great!

It's all opinion I suppose...but thankfully my opinion is the be all end all.

Quote: Cinnamon @ October 13, 2007, 7:57 PM

It's all opinion I suppose...but thankfully my opinion is the be all end all.

Of the land of bollocks. :P ;)

Why am I connected with testicles in your mind? Odd...most odd...

We all talk bollocks now and again, or we'd face up to the AWFUL MISERY OF LIFE and the fact that it's saturday night and everyone else is watching the rugby.

I feel obliged to say to the people in Britain who aren't so enthused about recent comedies that they should at least be thankful they get the opportunity to watch and even hear about them.

Without the internet I wouldn't know about so many programmes, and even with it, it's far too much effort to try out TV shows I don't know much about.

I guess it's something you don't appreciate until you don't have it. :)

Quote: Jordan @ October 14, 2007, 2:52 PM

I feel obliged to say to the people in Britain who aren't so enthused about recent comedies that they should at least be thankful they get the opportunity to watch and even hear about them.

Without the internet I wouldn't know about so many programmes, and even with it, it's far too much effort to try out TV shows I don't know much about.

I guess it's something you don't appreciate until you don't have it. :)

I don't think that's the standards we should be setting in the UK. All of us in the UK are funding these BBC comedies through the licence so I think we have the right to expect better. Plus, I don't think we should be thinking I'm glad I can watch this shite as people on the other side of the world can't. This is supposed to be TV made for the people in the UK.

Quote: zooo @ October 13, 2007, 1:38 AM

True, he is ace.
I think I've just about got over being scared of him in Shallow Grave. It's only taken 15 years.

Agreed. Shallow Grave contains the truly terrifying sight of Keith Allen's tiny todger. No wonder he's such an angry man.

Maybe it was a stunt one. It was playing a dead todger.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ October 14, 2007, 3:14 PM

I don't think that's the standards we should be setting in the UK. All of us in the UK are funding these BBC comedies through the licence so I think we have the right to expect better. Plus, I don't think we should be thinking I'm glad I can watch this shite as people on the other side of the world can't. This is supposed to be TV made for the people in the UK.

I wasn't saying you should be settling for low quality, but merely pointing out that your grass is greener, no matter how unhappy you are with it. Cool

If I was in your position I'd be complaining too no doubt. I don't currently know of any upcoming British comedies I'd be interested in, unless you count the 5th series of Peep Show, but that's not a new programme.

Karl Pilkington's show is on Monday!!!

That's restored my faith all by itself.