Sitcom (Com)Mission Page 60

Quote: Declan @ February 4 2010, 10:34 AM GMT

!)

So, you 32 writers may be feeling the pressure right now, but this is just a chance for Simon and I to hear the words out loud. We don't want to make the final decision based purely on what we read.

Thanks for that Declan it looks like there are no trains running from Liverpool Stret to Norwich on Sunday which means I might not be able to make it down, it's too far to do the trip there and back from where I am on the one day. As it's mainly for you to hear and judge the work rather than input from the writers presumably it won't be aproblem if I can't make it, although I would love to? Would we pseak with the director etc, after the event if we make the cut? Questions questions questions... sorry. :)

Hi Marc

Your director will be overseeing up to 8 scripts at this stage, and if you make it through to the final 16 you'll get an individual director who will be taking on two scripts max.

I would certainly hope that you and the director will talk to each other as it would improve the quality of the material on show, even if it's just, "Actually, Marc, have you thought of rewriting this, possibly with a comedy Catholic detective called Jack Shit in it?"

See, that's what happens when you ask questions.

Quote: Declan @ February 4 2010, 11:30 AM GMT

"Actually, Marc, have you thought of rewriting this, possibly with a comedy Catholic detective called Jack Shit in it?"

See, that's what happens when you ask questions.

Lol.

Well I have a police inspector in the first one.. is it too late to change his name?? :D

Of course you can.

Jack Shit
Jock Strap
Master Bates
Willy Warmer

Take your pick.

:)

Quote: Jane P @ February 3 2010, 2:06 PM GMT

Just need a little more com to add to the sit.

I ran into this problem as well - got a good plot, good characterisation and a twist ending but I seemed to struggle with the gag count. Hopefully, this will be glossed over by getting all the actors to fall over a lot and reciting the script in comedy foreign accents.

Just sent my second episode in, so good luck to everyone taking part, particularly the BCGers.

Pirate Argh! The pressure is shivering me timbers!

Having same probs. Logically, it's all come together and seems to make sense. Shame it's about as funny as an episode of Casualty...

Dan

It'll be alright on the night

Posted a scene from my rejected script I've been working on over in critique if anyone fancies a read/a pop.

My second episode is coming along great - if only I'd got through to the last 32......

MINE TOO

So which one ( or several ) of you lovely people,does someone very very new to writing,turn to for advice and guidance ?.

*points at everyone else*

We must be the newbies here

Our is nearly ready to send in and we're thinking of throwing caution to the wind and presenting the second episode instead of the one we know they like. :)

<3

I think I'm going for the second one too (assuming my director agrees). I'm pretty sure its better but it does feel scary.
Errr

Just need a little more com to add to the sit.

<3

Oddly, I have the opposite problem. Lots of com but weak on the sit. Maybe you could trade me some character development and plot twists for 26 'I say, I say, I say' gags? ;)

About to send mine off with bated breath. Good luck all!