The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 88

Quote: Splodge @ January 31 2010, 6:24 PM GMT

To be fair, that was something special - it was like he activated a skill move on a Playstation controller.

I would have prefered a draw, but there is a feeling of temporary joy about seeing Arsenal get battered.

I didnt like how the Arsenal fans had belief after their 1st goal but I'm happy for Nani...

Apparently Owens on his way out come summer too..

Nani is playing well. The reason being is because he's been playing on the right, he's shit when he plays on the left. As for Owen- apart from his winner in the derby and his hat-trick in Germany, he has been awful and would be happy if he left and was replaced by another striker (I seriously would rather have Peter Crouch).

Great game today at the Emirates and great to see Park Ji Sung score.

Chelsea drop points at Hull.

Considering Utd have had loads of injuries, spent a few weeks playing midfielders in defence, and up until a week ago were playing pretty badly it is amazing that the gap is only 2 points.

What have Chelsea been doing? It's not even like they have had that many injuries.

Magnificent injury time strike from Karl Henry for Wolves against Crystal Palace in the FA Cup tonight.

Only marred by the fact that one of their defenders had scored three in under seven minutes previously !

:(

Oh look. Chelsea have been cleared of stealing that French kid because his contract wasn't valid.

Quote: Spagett @ February 2 2010, 10:12 PM GMT

Chelsea drop points at Hull.

Considering Utd have had loads of injuries, spent a few weeks playing midfielders in defence, and up until a week ago were playing pretty badly it is amazing that the gap is only 2 points.

What have Chelsea been doing? It's not even like they have had that many injuries.

Just trying to tease you.

Apart from the spelling mistake this looks an interesting event.

http://news.uk.msn.com/photos/photos.aspx?cp-documentid=150365207&page=3

What are people's opinions on the whole John Terry affair? He meets Fabio Capello tomorrow to discuss and may possibly lose his captaincy. I think he should definetly keep his captaincy. George Galloway summed it up perfectly on Question Time tonight by saying 'He is not running for Pope'. Some doughnut in the audience said 'How can his team-mates respect him on the pitch'. Well if I played for England, I'd respect him as a great centre-half and captain and his affair wouldn't even bother me. Wayne Bridge wasn't even going out with the woman Terry had an affair with at the time. Surely to goodness, he has got to keep his captaincy, he is the best man for the job. Who is the alternative? Steven Gerrard, the same man who attacked a DJ last year.

Quote: Jack Massey @ February 4 2010, 11:35 PM GMT

What are people's opinions on the whole John Terry affair? He meets Fabio Capello tomorrow to discuss and may possibly lose his captaincy. I think he should definetly keep his captaincy. George Galloway summed it up perfectly on Question Time tonight by saying 'He is not running for Pope'. Some doughnut in the audience said 'How can his team-mates respect him on the pitch'. Well if I played for England, I'd respect him as a great centre-half and captain and his affair wouldn't even bother me. Wayne Bridge wasn't even going out with the woman Terry had an affair with at the time. Surely to goodness, he has got to keep his captaincy, he is the best man for the job. Who is the alternative? Steven Gerrard, the same man who attacked a DJ last year.

Jack I'm disappointed that you give credence to anything the odious Galloway says?

If he said 'My name is George Galloway.' I wouldn't believe him.

Egregious c**t.

Cannot believe John Terry has lost his England captaincy. What a joke, he is by far the best man to lead England in South Africa. A ridculous decision.

It does't really make any difference does it? He'll still be playing ad doing the same job. It's a shame he didn't decide to relinquish the captaincy.

What is a captain anyway? Just a tosser really.

Delighted John Terry is no longer captain.

Still havent forgiven him for spitting at Tevez. C**t.

what an arrogant arsehole that Ferguson is.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/8487290.stm

Just ban Ferdinand for the season. (He may be (physically) fit for Egland then!)

Biggest disaster is not John Terry losing the captaincy it is Rio Ferdinand getting it!!!?!?!

Steven Gerrard would have been my first choice, Lampard 2nd, Gareth Barry 3rd, the ball boy 12th, Rio Ferdinand 153rd!

Quote: Alan C @ February 5 2010, 8:18 PM GMT

Biggest disaster is not John Terry losing the captaincy it is Rio Ferdinand getting it!!!?!?!

Steven Gerrard would have been my first choice, Lampard 2nd, Gareth Barry 3rd, the ball boy 12th, Rio Ferdinand 153rd!

:)