The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 87

Typical Manchester United.

Ferguson (ab)uses the system to get Ferdinand to play in the semi-final. They win the game and then they lose the appeal and he gets an extra match suspension.

Serves them f**king right!

Good idea though, Vidic will be back Sunday, so I think it was a good idea as we may have suffered in Centre Defence against City without Rio or Vidic.

Quote: Jack Massey @ January 29 2010, 11:12 PM GMT

Good idea though, Vidic will be back Sunday, so I think it was a good idea as we may have suffered in Centre Defence against City without Rio or Vidic.

That would've been terrible wouldn't it!

Quote: Chappers @ January 29 2010, 10:08 PM GMT

Typical Manchester United.

Ferguson (ab)uses the system to get Ferdinand to play in the semi-final. They win the game and then they lose the appeal and he gets an extra match suspension.

Serves them f**king right!

At least our captain doesn't shag fellow team mates girlfriends.....

Quote: Spagett @ January 30 2010, 1:50 PM GMT

It's all over the internet, that's all I'm going to say.

Quote: Splodge @ January 30 2010, 2:18 PM GMT

It's all over the internet, that's all I'm going to say.

Just rumours.

The John Terry thing is proven.

Quote: Spagett @ January 30 2010, 1:50 PM GMT

What's that got to do with cheating at football?

Quote: Chappers @ January 30 2010, 8:01 PM GMT

What's that got to do with cheating at football?

Youre right, Terry is a cheating c**t.

In more than one way.

Smarmy

COME ON THE ARSENAL

Quote: Mike T @ January 30 2010, 8:25 PM GMT

Youre right, Terry is a cheating c**t.

In more than one way.

Smarmy

It's a real surprise he doesn't play for Machester United then isn't it! After all - he used to support them.

Quote: nigel worthington @ January 30 2010, 8:41 PM GMT

COME ON THE ARSENAL

I think a draw would do nicely - with a big ruck, injuries and a sprinkling of red and yellow cards.

3-0 united

Rooney x2 and Nani

;)

Did anyone hear the story about John Terry, Jody Morris and a couple of other Chelsea players mocking a group of American tourists about 9/11?

Quote: catskillz @ January 31 2010, 2:18 AM GMT

Did anyone hear the story about John Terry, Jody Morris and a couple of other Chelsea players mocking a group of American tourists about 9/11?

It was kind of hard to avoid, seeing as it was on the front page of the News of the World.

I'm in no way condoning what they did on that day but there wasn't any open mocking of tourists. That's the part which has become lost in translation over the years.

The long and short of it in the actual News of the World article was that Chelsea were due to fly out to play Levski Sofia in the UEFA Cup - but it got called off. But rather than go home, a small number of players stayed around the Heathrow area, found a bar and got tanked up. Then after a few, Eidur Gudjohnsen, of all people, stripped and threw peanuts at the other Chelsea players and some people sitting nearby. To be honest, I've seen worse at my local, but considering their drunken rumblings and ramblings were set against the more senstive backdrop of people in the bar trying to watch the TV screen to watch the unfolding events of 9/11, some of those people being American Tourists - then it's no surprise that they got kicked out.

And as the story goes, Jody Morris urinated in a bin outside, which suprised me because I had him down as someone who would have just done it right there on the street.

Then they eventually landed up at a nearby bowling alley and Frank Sinclair threw himself head first down the alley. And completely wrecked it.

Did they act like tits on the day and should they have curbed things - most definitely. But did they openly mock American Tourists in a face to face fashion - no.

Quote: Mike T @ January 31 2010, 1:22 AM GMT

3-0 united

Rooney x2 and Nani

;)

You had me up to that point.

Quote: Splodge @ January 31 2010, 1:03 PM GMT

It was kind of hard to avoid, seeing as it was on the front page of the News of the World.

I'm in no way condoning what they did on that day but there wasn't any open mocking of tourists. That's the part which has become lost in translation over the years.

The long and short of it in the actual News of the World article was that Chelsea were due to fly out to play Levski Sofia in the UEFA Cup - but it got called off. But rather than go home, a small number of players stayed around the Heathrow area, found a bar and got tanked up. Then after a few, Eidur Gudjohnsen, of all people, stripped and threw peanuts at the other Chelsea players and some people sitting nearby. To be honest, I've seen worse at my local, but considering their drunken rumblings and ramblings were set against the more senstive backdrop of people in the bar trying to watch the TV screen to watch the unfolding events of 9/11, some of those people being American Tourists - then it's no surprise that they got kicked out.

And as the story goes, Jody Morris urinated in a bin outside, which suprised me because I had him down as someone who would have just done it right there on the street.

Then they eventually landed up at a nearby bowling alley and Frank Sinclair threw himself head first down the alley. And completely wrecked it.

Did they act like tits on the day and should they have curbed things - most definitely. But did they openly mock American Tourists in a face to face fashion - no.

You had me up to that point.

You were saying?
The goal was counted as an own goal but nani deserved it..

Quote: Mike T @ January 31 2010, 4:54 PM GMT

You were saying?
The goal was counted as an own goal but nani deserved it..

To be fair, that was something special - it was like he activated a skill move on a Playstation controller.

I would have prefered a draw, but there is a feeling of temporary joy about seeing Arsenal get battered.